I'll be gone about a month...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I can just hear you "Oh dear, the silly fuel pump has stopped again - what a nuisance". Yeah, right! Glad you're back in one piece mate. You have my permission to kick the living %$ out of the van !!

Man I hate car problems. At least you got it going and didn't have to shack up while it was towed and repaired. I've done that too. In fact I actually attempted a radiator/water pump change on the side of the road, stayed overnight in a hotel, only to have realized that the bolts were seized in the engine block and then had to have it towed to a repair station and stay over night... AGAIN. Did I mention that I hate car problems?

Good to see you back and in one peice. Pull up a comfy chair, grab a brew and start catching up :thumbup:

Sorry I missed this thread a month ago but I was outa town. Glad you made it back safe. Fuel pumps suck..........literally.:lol: Like Gary said, pull up a chair and get a brew.:thumbright:

I got home slightly early Wayne as we worked our asses off and kicked some major butt...

On a side note, at Lackland AFB they have many static displayed aircraft from different eras in several areas on base, completely unrestricted access....

I had decided on my first day there that I would go to each one and do a thoughough walkaround with my digital cam... I did exactly that gents, over 2,000 HQ pics covering some 20+ aircraft, including many sunrise and sunset shots with aircraft in the foreground... Some top o' the line sh!t fellas...

Well, after my memory went full, I decided to flip through it and delete some bogus pics/doubles to free up some space for an upcoming awesome lookin sunset in front of the B-17.... After deleting around 25 pics or so, I get this on a black screen:

"PLEASE WAIT BUSY"

Camera wouldnt turn off, wouldnt clear the screen, so I removed the batteries....

Upon re-installation of said batteries, I get this:

"PICS AVAILABLE: 2,635"

Deleted almost all the pics I took guys... Hours and hours and hours of walking, crouching, kneeling, sweating and aching wasted.... I am still pissed about it...

This happened Sunday afternoon, so I was left with 3 afternoons to re-shoot what I could... I got 12 walkarounds redone, and pics of 3 others... Heres a list of what I got:

Walkarounds:
A-10
B-17
B-24
B-25
B-26
B-29
B-52
C-47
F-15
P-47
P-51
SR-71

Some pics:
P-38
F-86
F-16

There were many many more that I had that I just didnt have the time to get to... Had big problems with my back these past few weeks, so all the pics u will eventually see were taken in a painful rush, so please be considerate lol...

Heres a sample pic...

Attachments

• lack 053.JPG
    lack 053.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Back