I'll Trade U 4 That.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Those would actually be very simple to mask. Paint the yellow first then add strips of masking tape cut to the right width and laid out like the 7. The apply the camo and peel off the tape. Presto.

Last edited:
That seems easy enough. It's the simple things you never figure out. Thanks CR for that. I will give that a go when I finish up my 2 1/48 B-25's,1/32 HB Spitty vb, 1/32 Rev P38 1/32 Hase F6F and my 1/32 Rev P47D. Should have them all done within the next few minutes:lol:

Here's the process, except I made ones.

110410 Ones Finished.jpg

110415 Code Masks On.jpg

110418 Close up 11.jpg

Last edited:
I would not do it for curved lines. That's why I suggested it. When you paint, use very thin coats so you minimize the ridge.

Even better!
Or, of course, draw the number 8 in pencil, and then paint it free hand. Not that I can do that these days, with my knackered hands!

Always it is possible to either print a such digit on a clear decal sheet or make them as Terry suggested above. Of course there are other ways for making them but these need some of patience and accuracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back