IPMS GB 1/72 Airfix P-51 OOB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.
Just got the wings on. Finishing seams at wings and fuselage under the nose before paint goes on.
Hand cut a mask for the windscreen. I'll be painting without it attached and the seat is out. I don't want to bugger up the seat belts.
I did atretch some sprue for the rubber guard on the shroud over the IP on either side of the gun sight.
You Can see the panel lines, but that is filler, all lines have been filled cept round the gun and ammo access panels. Like it's sposed to be.

Only got till a week from this Friday night to finish. (I can't count)

Sailorin on.

Attachments

• IPMS GB P51-10.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-10.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Great work! Lovely little kit it is.

Yes...... it surely is.

Bottom color on, masked ans first color on top.
will mask for OD in a bit and do last color.

Will do the other bits seperate and attach painted.
Horiz stabs, and canopy frame, flaps.
I put some blue tac in the wheel wells and painted the gear doors with the undersude.
Windscreen frame is already painted.

Got the blue for the rudder, and will brush it.

Sailoring on again.

Attachments

• IPMS GB P51-11.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-11.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 67
And so here is the fusey painted, "firewall" pattern. Called that because the nose uses the firewall for the pattern.
Got a little tear in the madk behind the cockpit area on the side, but the roundell will cover that. I also missed a spot at the tail end, will have to touch that up but it's easy when you use rattle cans!!!!!!! :) And they dry in minutes for masking!

I will be painting the other bits today.

Attachments

• IPMS GB P51-11b.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-11b.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 67
Didn't realize this shot was so c.ose to the last. Ceptin I got the tail feathers on, two coats of brushed polish and soon for decals all over.

Attachments

• IPMS GB P51-12.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-12.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 62
Thanks...........

It's getting closer. All 1,000 decals are on.
Then I discovered I forgot to drill the holes for the rockets........ it should at least have the tabs for Mounting them..... What do I do????

Anyone got a kit? Take a picture of the Inside of a wing to show the locations????? Arrrrrrgh.

Attachments

• IPMS GB P51-13.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-13.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back