IPMS GB 1/72 Airfix P-51 OOB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again, as well to everyone looking in.

So this morning, a bit of a screwup.
Because I didn't predrill for the rockets, from the inside of the wing, I had to make a template from a drawing to locate them. Then drill at the corners of the red lines. And because it is difficult to hold in place I put a bit of tape................ over the bloody roundel, only on one side, cuz I do learn fast!!!!!! Now I gotta put another roundel in place, smart eh? Who says you can't remoce decals.......... But the rockets are in place!

Attachments

• IPMS GB P51-14.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-14.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 81
Sorry for posting Every little detail, but it's a way to get my grubby paws off it till glue, or paint sets......

So I dry fitted the gear door on, looked at the cylinder I made and it's Huuuuuge in scale. So I made a couple more. In the first photo the new one is the smaller. More to scale for the gear doors. The little piece at the end is for mounting, a .5mm hole in the top of the wheel well. I'll add a tiny block at the end at the door.

Second photo shows a little jig I made for the 75 degree open position. I stuck a piece of sprue in the slot, for the door to sit on since it uses a piano type hinge at the join and sits edge to edge, not recessed.

I'll mount the other door in a bit. Then the cylinders.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• IPMS GB P51-15a.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-15a.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IPMS GB P51-15b.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-15b.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 66
Great stuff Bill. A simple way to do jacks is to roll tape around a piece of plastic rod.

It would be but being OOB, I have to use sprue.

Boms are attached, door cyls, and gear legs................ I do recommend wheels NOT be attached until AFTER legs are attached! I think my wheels, flattened, are on backerds! Dammmmm.

Next photo with everything attached.

Thanks for keeping up on this one............
I love making little jigs, comes from my drafting and manufacturing background I guess.

It is FINI....................Glad this little bugger is over and done.
Won't win the big prize, but it will make a showing.

Attachments

• IPMS GB P51-16a.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-16a.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IPMS GB P51-16b.jpg
    IPMS GB P51-16b.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 86
Thanks Wayne.
I don't think there will be one with as many sprue built parts.
I guess more than anything I wanted to do the little scratch built pieces of sprue, my challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back