It's time you knew....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I feel for ya matey. I am a displaced Yank, living in Oz and was diagnosed with prostate cancer in Sept. Oct had the works hauled out. You'll have a scar from the top of The Old Fella to your belly button. You don't want that getting too wet, nor too dry. It needs to heal nicely and not get an infection. The trick I learned when I had the catheter when taking a shower, remove the bag at the coupling coming out of the old fella. Ask the nurse to show you haw to do this, easy peasy, just hang it outside the shower and hook it back up when you are thru. You will have to do this when putting on a night bag at home anyways! Otherwise you'll be hanging onto the bag and trying to clean yourself at the same time. Or it will be hanging on the wall and getting all tangled when you try to turn around.

You'll be good mate. Bill

I'm sorry to hear this Charles. You know everyone on this forum is 100% behind you and here for you. Get ready to kick the crap out of this, and we know you will.

Charles, as everyone has already said, I am so sorry to hear of your health problems there are a lot of people here who will be thinking and praying for you. Try to keep a positive attitude. You will be in my thoughts and prayers

I feel for ya matey. I am a displaced Yank, living in Oz and was diagnosed with prostate cancer in Sept. Oct had the works hauled out. You'll have a scar from the top of The Old Fella to your belly button. You don't want that getting too wet, nor too dry. It needs to heal nicely and not get an infection. The trick I learned when I had the catheter when taking a shower, remove the bag at the coupling coming out of the old fella. Ask the nurse to show you haw to do this, easy peasy, just hang it outside the shower and hook it back up when you are thru. You will have to do this when putting on a night bag at home anyways! Otherwise you'll be hanging onto the bag and trying to clean yourself at the same time. Or it will be hanging on the wall and getting all tangled when you try to turn around.

Thanks for the info but I think I'd rather hear that from a real doctor

Hang in there and fight the sob, my thoughts go out to you.

can't say anything that hasn't already been said, CHarles....except....God be with you during the operation

Been down the catheter road when they did the cystoscopy to remove the tumor from my bladder. Won't have to worry about a cath, I'll have a tube coming out of my body,
to the left of the navel, to a bag. Doc says it will have to be emptied about every three hours during the day, and I'll have a 1.2 quart bag for sleeping. Dr.Given has given
me quite a pep talk on what to expect.

While I'm at it, thanks to all of you for your kind words and warm wishes. Really..... they are appreciated. If all goes well, I will be back on the forum in three or four days,
five at the most

Charles

sorry to hear of your illness, keep fighting the good fight. you know we are all behind you and have you in our hearts and prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back