Ju 88 A5 1:32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice job Mr.G.! I hope to start on mine straight after the current Group Build. It's got to be all done, on the diorama, and packed for travel before I go to Slavicin again in August, so, with other builds along the way too, I'd better get started!

You've done a nice job there Guttorm,including recovering from your little accident. I'm about half way through one of these and it has turned into a long build. The detail on the model is excellent but I'm not a huge fan of the way it is engineered,definitely not a shake 'n bake. Also had a few bad mouldings. Still a challenge does us all good. I hope I can get mine out looking as good as yours, even if I don't have the ultimate reference at my disposal,you lucky so and so!
Cheers
Steve

thanks for the comments :)
and good luck with your 88`s..and you all know that if you need help with details i am here

just some more shoots from the 88 A5 werknumber 6146..just need the last decals on fuselage ( code..getting those made )

also a little neat detail..the ailron on the right wing was from another 88 and not painted black.. ( on the original ) so i incorperated that in my model also

Attachments

• modell 002.jpg
    modell 002.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 101
  • modell 003.jpg
    modell 003.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 113
  • modell 004.jpg
    modell 004.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 115
  • modell 005.jpg
    modell 005.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 102
  • modell 006.jpg
    modell 006.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 103
another detail worth notecing ( this should eb on all 88`sw ith divebreaks )
its hould have the belakencross on both sides..and its much easier to airbrush on that using the decals in the kit :)

also note that the winglight on german bombers and fighers like the 110 has a yellow plexiglass )
this i can document if anybody is in doubt with oruginal landinglights from Ju 52, Ju 88. Bf 110 ( they are ALL yellow ) and not turned yellow by age ( like tha glass on the Ju 52 ( not plexiglass but Glass..its yellow )

i also tried to make some of the spintcammo "shine" thru on the right wing"

and Jan..get that 88 cranking :)

Attachments

• modell 007.jpg
    modell 007.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 97
  • modell 008.jpg
    modell 008.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
That's looking great Mr.G. You must have as many JU88 models now, as there are real aircraft in your museum!
That's very interesting information about the yellow lens on the landing lights, thanks! I'll have to change my JU88A5 and Bf110G4 lamps now, which won't be a problem. What would we do without all these useful insights from you??!!

That's looking great Mr.G. You must have as many JU88 models now, as there are real aircraft in your museum!
That's very interesting information about the yellow lens on the landing lights, thanks! I'll have to change my JU88A5 and Bf110G4 lamps now, which won't be a problem. What would we do without all these useful insights from you??!!

i am glad i can help :) trying to locate some of the pics i have of the yellow lenses but cant find them..i ahve something like 30 000 pics from the restoration and different parts..so they are somewhere.. or i will take some new ones

but using tamiyas clear yellow is a perfect match from the original and perfect for the winglights "windows" :)

Looking at those '88's decals from AirDOC has made me wanting another 1/32 '88! :oops: Those '88's (one A-14 and one A-17) from Norway in '44 are just begging to be done.....that wave camouflage looks tasty and would make a cracking model I think!

I need to be strong! :lol:

go for it..look into my eyes..you see 88`s..8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

and those would be sweet models :)

Yes Master, an 88 will be my next model Master, and the one after, and the one after that, for we are your slaves!
Unless Paul has his way, and there's a clutch of bl**dy '110's !!!

Yes Master, an 88 will be my next model Master, and the one after, and the one after that, for we are your slaves!
Unless Paul has his way, and there's a clutch of bl**dy '110's !!!

and he saw that it was good :) and very happy smiling here now :)

and what is this one one zero stuff ?? digital things ?? 1101011000011100101100 ?
only thing counting is 88 and if it should contain the number one it must be the future 111`s :)

hehe

sorry paul..had to..hehe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back