Ju-88 Test (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
The first one is done!

Ju-88 A4 Stab II KG3, Luftwaffe 1941

Ju88A4_Germany_KG3_1.png

Last edited:
Yep, the 'Big Project' is a book, but I can't say much more than that right now.

There will be 3 views of all of these that I posted recently, as well as the usual suspects, Spitfire, Hurricane, Defiant etc.. there's a lot more to do, but basically I will be showing 1/3 of what I'm working on (side views only) and then not the actual book content ones, which will be different units/versions...

Busy, busy.. :eek:

Yep, the 'Big Project' is a book, but I can't say much more than that right now.

There will be 3 views of all of these that I posted recently, as well as the usual suspects, Spitfire, Hurricane, Defiant etc.. there's a lot more to do, but basically I will be showing 1/3 of what I'm working on (side views only) and then not the actual book content ones, which will be different units/versions...

Busy, busy.. :eek:

Really appreciate what you can show us. I admire your work, truly outstanding!

I'm going through a modification sequence right now, and I'll be fixing these issues shortly:

Cockpit:

A-1 has a 'low-back' canopy with single rear-facing gun...
A-4 (early) has a 'low-back' canopy with a different mount for the rear gun...
A-4 (late) has the 'high-back' canopy with twin gun mounts...

Engines:

A-4 has an extended bulge below the engine and different exhausts to the A1

Wings:

A-4 has longer wings than the A-1...

Tail:

A-4 (late) has a modified rudder...

The others I have finished - starting early with an A-1:

Ju-88 A-1 of 7/KG51 Luftwaffe, 1940.

Ju88A1_Germany_KG51_1.png

Ju-88 A-4 of 1/LeLv44 Finnish Air Force, 1944.

Ju88A4_Finland_1.png

Ju-88 A-4 of 1/KG1 Luftwaffe, 1943.

Ju88A4_Germany_KG1_1.png

Ju-88 A-4 of I/KG26 Luftwaffe, 1943.

Ju88A4_Germany_KG26_1.png

Beautiful work Clave! You should take up doing decals as well.....(hint, hint) I'm sure that they'd be top notch, just like your profiles!

Come to think of it, haven't seen Guttorm here yet, which is weird, '88's and all that! :confused: :lol:

Are decals hard to do? They don't *look* that difficult... :confused:

I usually end up drawing something - or at least drawing over something to make a decal or mark that I can use in Illustrator...

...here's my re-drawn and original JG233 files for example:

Attachments

• JG233_original.jpg
    JG233_original.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 92
  • JG233_mine.jpg
    JG233_mine.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
.............. did someone say Ju 88 Nachtjägers in today's postings ? ..............

KG 26 Ju in Med sea scheme.............NICE Clave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back