Just started an other Macchi C 205V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
one more step forward: I added decals, redone individual numbers and given a coat of very, very much tinned down sand color in order to tone down colors, specially red, green and white but also the black of fasces.

Individual nos have been redone because I wanted them to be more consistent to those that can just perceived on the original photo.

I also started working on the landing gear.

Cheers
Alberto

Hi everybody,
the Veltro model is now complete, here following some pictures:
Apologize for the background but that was the last sunny place in my flat.

As you probably noticed I added some weathering, some exhaust stain and all little details.
I also redone the individual codes in order to make them more similar to those on the photo I took as reference.
Any comment or suggestion is very welcome as it will be helpful for the next model.
Cheers
Alberto

Pretty Plane!

Does anyone have a pilot's report on this plane? I am curious about the handling and comparisons to contemporaries.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Pretty Plane!

Does anyone have a pilot's report on this plane? I am curious about the handling and comparisons to contemporaries.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Hi Ivan,
if not yet seen, you can find some information, including an allied pilot opinion, in this Wikipedia page
Macchi C.205 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I also have an article comparing Italian Series 5 fighters with German equivalent birds, but it's in Italian, let me know if you are interested.
Alberto

Any idea where I can get a Tail Boom undercarriage set for this model?
Cant wait to start on this beautful model.
thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread