'Langnasen Dora' Fw 190D-9's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't add the olive colour, please. I would say a drop of a black one rather.

Right Wojtek, black it is pal!

Looks like Wojtek setting you on the right track Jan, but I'm curious with seeing all those tanks in the background. How many kits have you got on the go at the moment!

Too many mate, those tanks have all those single link tracks... Not much to go on the '110G-2 in the background, I forgot to order the grey that I need for my Draken, so now I need to wait until July for that!

Looks good to me Jan but defer to Wojtek.

As always pal!

Anyhoo, quick dash to the Greggs and shop, then whip up some new green with a drop or two of black, pics later...

'Off to the shop' yeah - make mine a pint Jan!

Great work so far, on the Dora and the tanks and 110!

Great info too Wojtek - are all those samples different variations of RLM 82? Where did they originate from?

Well I like those colours - maybe a slight tad vibrant or something (my current 'homebrew' mixtures for 82/83 aren't quite as saturated/vibrant) but that could always just be the temperature of the light that you were taking the picture under; the tonal difference looks pretty good...

Cheers mate!
Anyhoo, latest update.....only I could mix something up, almost matching the OTHER colour of the camouflage, pics tomorrow in better light and mix some more green into the '82!

If you added the drop of a black to the mixture it seems it's too much. The colour looks a little too dark.

My hint here is to always write down your mixes, unless they're really simple. I will most often mix a whole batch of paint at once and tape the recipie onto the tub - eg, my take on the 'Orange' Ta 152H colour is 22.0mL of Lifecolor LC55 plus 10.5mL of Lifecolor LC06; And if I am not mixing in a tub, i'll firstly try and keep the mix simple as well make notes of it somewhere - eg, my RLM83 colour is a 1:1 mix of Lifecolour RLM82 (their 'Dark' Green) and FS34079; if I could get some 45-50ml tubs, I'd batch that stuff up too (maybe even 100mL batches. The RLM83 mix took a little while to get right, because I was searching for a 'simple' mixture, so finding the right pair took a few goes...

Dan

Yeah, I want to see what you come up with... I've got the first major colours on my Eduard D-11 (I'm trying some techniques inspired by Wayne); natural metal, RLM75 lower wings, RLM76 (though still need to come back and finish the fuel cell access doors and the flaps - D-11's had timber flaps from all reports, thus they were likley painted) and the 'angled line' up the side of the rear fuselage (in 1:1 RLM76:FS36320). I think I need too redo this with a different, darker colour mix though - there just isnt enough tonal contrast.

Also, as a Word of Warning for others with my level of stupidit... errr... curiousity; mating a Dragon Ta 152C-1 nose on to a Dragon Fw 190D is not an undertaking to be taken lightly! I would have thought with the moulds coming from the same manufacturer, the key 'frames' on the Fw 190A/F center fuselage would have been pretty much the same on both models. GOD NO!!! Still, the surface finish on these late run Dragon/Revell editions of the D-series are pretty woeful, so I should be thankful for that! Lots of filling and rescribing awaits!

Users who are viewing this thread