lord help my Mk-22 how shakey can one get

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea, that place is just CHOCK full of socks too!!!!!!!!! So, my build goes on. I guess I was counting on a better scale and fit of these cast parts. Seems the seat is a bit too wide, or I have done something wrong. Just about 1mm only. The seat support frame at the back of the seat must be for a 32 scale coz when I tried putting it in the control stick would have been IN the seat itself and the pilot would be climbing over the seat to get in. Had to trim all around the bulkhead frame behind the seat, didn't expect that. So I guess I will be the only one to know coz only a limited number of people will see the finished plane. The pics attached are of the first dry fit before the fuselage halves are galude together! cheers, Bill

Attachments

• dry fit 1.jpg
    dry fit 1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 110
  • dry fitg 2.jpg
    dry fitg 2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 116
Thanks for your codos. However I am Not all that excited about how this cockpit detail stuff fits, it is giving me the s*its. I'm not too sure if I will go this way again. I may just go for scratch adding. The cost of these detail assemblies is just out of sight. Has anyone else experienced this fit problems? Never the less, now the floor framing has been attached, and "my nerves are a shambles" as my mother used to say, but then she had 7 children! cheers, Bill

Attachments

• c-pit floor installed.jpg
    c-pit floor installed.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 86
I found my brother in Botany Bay!! Sausage fingers, shakes, eyesight and how many years since the last plastic meltdown?! :)

Looking good!!

Some hints: I compensate my shaky fingers by painting the model on a working washing machine. Kinda cancels out the shakes.

Always build over 200 square feet of tacky wallpaper placed sticky side up - hard to move but nothing ever bounces to Sock World.

and never, ever build anything smaller than 1/24. Of cource that comes with a new mortgage as I'm always trying to find room to put the bloody things!!

Looking good all the same, Bill!!

I guess there i a family of fat fingered shaky and nearly blind builders here then, I feel re-united. Thanks Vic, I felt I was nearing melt down till Airframes post above. The cockpit seemed to fit together nicely out of the kit, but then when openings were aligned like the door and right sill, it just seemed to go south on me. I think if I had it to do over again I would take the outsides down until just the ribbing was intact and use the kit as sidewalls. If you get my drift, or even just cut the components out and put in my own ribbing. If you get my drift. Krikey, I seem to be drifting off course. cheers, Bill

You are not alone! Check my 410 thread where the fit was a,.. uummmm, wonderful addition to the modeling experience.

But its looking real good for such a long vacation from the fun.

gadzooks, fuselage together and the wings are finally ON................ very traumatic tho. I fit the two halves together, and just to make sure I looked at the instruction sheet, then the PE to see if I had forgotten anything, and there it was, the shoulder straps still not in............ So, after installing them, I was finally ready to stick it up. So now I am past the point of no return. I just have to attach the rudder. Kindly a member nearby has come to my aid and offered the use of a compressor, so I may start overall painting soon. Wish me luck. cheers, Bill

Attachments

• wings on.jpg
    wings on.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back