Luftwaffe Aircraft Camouflage and Markings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I recently learned there was a certain number on Bf 109Fs serving in North Africa in full desert camo scheme but also featuring yellow color on the nose (I mean entire aircraft nose and not just bottom part of the engine cowling). This kind of yellow identification markings were more familiar with Bf 109Es but apparently appeared on some Bf 109Fs in N.Africa too. Does anyone have some pictures or profiles to share showing desert Friedrichs painted this way?

I've found these in the net and on Aircraft illustration

Attachments

• Bf.109.F2_trop.jpg
    Bf.109.F2_trop.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,075
  • Bf109F2_trop_.JPG
    Bf109F2_trop_.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 968
  • Bf.109.F4_trop.jpg
    Bf.109.F4_trop.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,904
  • bf109f4_trop_.jpg
    bf109f4_trop_.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 980
  • bf109F4_trop_1.jpg
    bf109F4_trop_1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 5,003
Last edited:
Thanks for your answer Wojtek. Do you happen to know where is this profile from? By the looks of it I would say from one of Jagdwaffe books, but I have those and couldn't find it in any of them...

158664.jpg

hi, im trying to find the correct markings and colors for Heinkel 111 H5 "F8+ = KG 40 (40 Bomber Wing), Transport Squadron "Condor" based in Norway 1941

so...Im new here...but I need a little help

Im an avid German WW2 armor modeler...but I just bought the Arado 196 A-3 by Revell(1/32)
ugly float plane with bombs and guns...lol

I see on Google all these countries of export of these planes(Romania, Bulgaria, Russia, Japan)
and even pirates that used French and English camo to raid ships

were they ever exported to South America....I want to model a kind of "Murphy's War" plane, but Im not sure if they saw service in SA

I haven't heard about Arado 196 in service there. However a few Arado Ar.95B were used in Chile. Because you want to make a model " What if " category, it doesn't matter if these were servicing in the SA or not. I would suggest following these profiles of Chilean Ar.95B below. I think these can come in handy. Also I attached a link to a site with shots of the assembled model of Japan markings. To sum up.... there is no problem with what camo scheme and markings you might choose.

108_2.jpg

108_3.jpg

Arado 196 - LSP Forums

I'm curious about the squadron markings on German float planes. The reason for my curiosity is that I might try my hand at a DO217G, which was an E model on floats(it also had a single tail), and I'm thinking of a diorama of this along with either HE115 or HE59. Something along the lines of being in the Mediterranean area.

Please correct me as I might be wrong. But I have never heard about Dornier Do 217G on floats with a single tail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back