Massive 8.9 quake rocks Japan (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My best wishes thoughts turn to Nihhon, with luck it isn't as bad as could be; I hope all the Japanese, forum members, their families, friends etc aren't affected badly and hopes the faults will stablise somewhat now.

Quakes are still coming one after another in the north-eastern part of the islands.
I and my family are OK but how some friends in my hometown there are is unknown as they are in blackout at the moment. I believe they would be fine too.

I know it's inappropriate to compare but, to make the situation easier to be understood, total damage would be far less than that of bombing by the B-29s during 1944-45.

Thanks for your care guys.
:)

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected. I know Shinpachi's from Japan and has checked in, do we have any other members in that part of the world?

I'm happy to hear that you and your family is okay, Shinpachi-san.
I sure hope that you'll soon get a lot of good news about your friends.
I send my best wishes and prayers for you and your people over there.

Thanks everyone.
According to the news, more than eight million households are in blackout there now.
Railroads in Tokyo are all stopping to check security.

Last edited:
To the worse, the first nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture is in danger of meltdown.
At 21:23 JST, evacuation order has been just issued for the residents of about 1,500 within the radius of 3km.

Power supply to the coolant pump stopped by the earthquake.
Standby generators were out of order by the seawater.
Backup battery is just running out.
Spare generators were brought in but the cooling water level is said continuing falling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back