Massive 8.9 quake rocks Japan

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

west coast to be hit by Tsunami, they are starting to close portions of HWY 101 on my Oregon coast. Shinpachi and your Familie ............. be well and please continue to keep us posted. Hawaii may get a good hit on it too.

Crazy times we live in

Thanks again guys for your care.
I guess that ppopsie could not come home last evening if he works in Tokyo.

According to the latest news about the nuclear power plant, cooling water level must be 5 meters above the nuclear core but it is now fallen to 3.2 meters.
Effort to cool is said continueing at 23:00.

Been fallowing the events on the news. Terrible tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Japanese people. Best wishes to all.

I just watched the danish news, they covered the earthquake massively, also because there's many danes living, working and travelling to Japan.
I was shocked, that earthquake was massive! 8.9 on the Richter scale!
They showed the effects of the tsunami and of the quake itself.
Japan and her people - and the affected countries in the region is definitely in my prayers!

Thanks everybody I am OK so far. Tokyo and surrounding area seem almost without damage. I have been on duty with local fire brigade Tomorrow will be another busy day for us. Keep watching.

..and all of the forum mates who have family members and/or friends being in following prefecture should observe; Aomori, Iwate, Miyagi, Fukushima, Ibaraki, and Chiba. Cellphones are still in difficult condition but most public phones seem working in Yokohama, to certain extent.

Shinpachi, I echo all of the above comments, thank you for posting on the forum. When I heard the news this AM my first thought was of you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your country

0359JST (1859Z) another big one hits northern Nagano in central Japan, quite far from the former ones. Taking just a nap is useless.

this is a report of course nothing like what has happened to poor Japan but Crescent City right over the border of Oregon/Cali got smacked pretty hard, the docks and harbor are history, over 35 boats smashed up. Our fav restaurant on the dockside is gone ............. several folk are dead. 8 foot waves, would not surprise me there were sight-seer's out watching.

As much as I hate to hear ppopsie's report of a another temblor near Nagano, I am not that surprised. It seems to me that quakes in that area of the pacific are often in little clusters.

Erich, I hadn't kept up with the tsunami as it struck the left coast of the US. i get so frustrated with the 24 hr news channels and trying to wade through all their chatter to get a reasonable (that means VERIFIED) report of what is happening.
My thoughts out to those affected, of course. I wonder if there are there forum members on the coastline, or close to it, other than yourself?

:(I wonder what is going on earth now.There is so Manny very big quakes now.My heart go's out to all of the great people of Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back