Member Biography/Profile thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Charles, just reviewed your bio and you and your wife make a darned handsome couple. That photo and the early one remind me of some movies I have seen. This thread, which I just discovered, makes me even more glad I found this forum. Whoever started this forum and sustained it, my hat is off to you.

Born in 1966 as no. 3 out of 4 kids (- four different fathers? Man, the old lady must've been bored...and lively! *broad grin*) and adopted by a danish couple (- bless them, they didn't know what they got! :lol: ), and raised in an everyday, normal, average family.
That is, until I arrived. Then peace was over. ;)

Had a fairly normal and definitely happy childhood for a tomboy - the usual stuff, in and out of the ER at the hospital whenever I had been a little too active, playing with the boys, making tree houses at the local swamp area which was our playground, collecting Action Man dolls and Lego instead of *vomit.mp3* Barbie dolls, and hanging out at the local airfield, ogling the Cessnas and the Piper Cubs - and the Goodyear blimp, whenever that arrived.
Also spent time writing down the plane markings instead of the local car license plates, together with the other kids on the road.

Oh yeah, and I started doing a bit of model building when I was still at school - our local youth school had an offer - a model building class, and my best buddy was going, så off we went and built ourselves some F-16's, Bf-109's, Spitfires and so on.
Later, I took up the model stuff again when I started collecting models of BMW motorcycles, and here I am. :)

Hit rock bottom in '93, when I experienced a lot of nasty stuff, of which the death of both my grandmother and my uncle a few months apart was just the light end of things.
Got help - boyfriend kicked a certain part of my anatomy until I finally asked for help and got it - promptly.
I now live a normal life with no problems whatsoever, except that I hate getting up early (- I've always hated that!), and I react badly to stress.

I've always liked sports - badminton, handball, soccer, Taek-Won Do, horseback riding, and I am currently trying to stay in a decent shape by swimming and riding my bicycle to and from work.
Has got no boyfriend, no kids, no job - but I'm working on getting hold of at least the last mentioned subject.
First things first, y'know. Has never been married, as I've usually lost patience w. boyfriend (- or him with me) before we even got to that part in the relationship.
Oh, and having kids now? No thanks, that's too late.
Anyway, I'd rather have a motorcycle. :lol:

Spent some years working at the Danish Police and Crime Museum in Copenhagen, and later applied for and got an education as security guard.
I figured the money and the working hours as a security guard was better than with the police. It was. :lol:
Got a job as museum guard at Thorvaldsens Museum in Copenhagen, but had to quit after a few months, due to some nasty knee problems.
Damn! i liked the place, I liked my co-workers, I even liked my boss! :shock: :D

Went to and from doctors and hospitals who all examined, x-rayed, scanned and wrangled with my stupid knee, and I finally got the verdict: Arthritis and hypermobility (- very bendy joints).
Okay - avoid walking a lot and standing a lot, was the message - oh, and excercise your knee. Alrighty then. That's what I'm doing.

Lately I spent 6 months as a truck driver's assistant or whatever it's called; the driver (- chronical hereditary kidney disease) and I was bringing out all kinds of construction stuff for your ordinary everyday house owner - boards, bags of cement, loft beams, drain piping, roof tiles, the lot.
I guess our boss figured, that if he put two semi-hadicapped people together, we'd make one useful person. He was right. :)
We helped each other out, and that worked just fine.
Then recession hit, 8 people were "let go" - and now I'm unemployed again, but I "work" at a...what do you call those shops where you can buy used clothes and such?
Anyway, it's part of the local job training program, and at the same time I'm on the lookout for a part time job, where my knee won't be a hindrance.

Am working on making a photo exhibit of my own photos - motorcycle themed, of course.
I also enjoy reading, writing, drawing, painting, photography, motorcycles, WW2 history, fishing, model building, fly tying, and my friends and I get together at least twice a month for our "Luftwaffe"-dinners - no, we're not nazis, but "Luftwaffe" basically covers the description of the effect of the dinners on our stomachs... *giggle*...and we're all more or less interested in history.
And now and then I am going on motorcycle trips with my friends, bless them.

So that's me - or some of my personal history. *curtsies*
Pic'll come up later, once I figure how to get it from my mobile phone to my 'pooter without the aid of a ¤%# expensive Sony Ericsson cable thingy!

Last edited:
Thanks for the background, and glad to hear you're trying to get over the mobility problem. Hope you're able to find a job soon, especially one you'll like.
Take care.

Thank you for sharing. 1966 was a great year as that is the year I was born also! Also glad to hear you got your life together. I'm sure a job will come soon for you!

Welcome aboard (sorry, I'm a little slow...welcome 65 posts ago!)! I think everyone here can attest that, at one (or more) point in life, life just sux. The true test of character is how we handle it....whether we actually do something about that "boyfriend kicked a certain part of my anatomy" (which you did) or just curl up and hope the big bad monster goes away on its own (usually doesn't). Job, no job, mobility, no mobility...you're back taking control of your life! My hat's off to ya (pretend I'm wearing one at the moment...), and again, welcome to the boards!

Born to a well-to-do family in beautiful and historical South Pasadena, CA. Homeschooled, I lived a quiet, isolated childhood where my world was books, writing--I was writing poems about love, death, life even at five years old--and my imagination games in our lush, tropical acres. At eleven, my engineer/scientist father moved us to Colorado after his retirement where I suddenly had 40 more acres to explore and play on.

When I was 12, we happened to drive by an airport and I got a surge of adrenaline and curiousity. Upon reaching home, I slipped away with the telephone and a phone book and began dialing local airport--a couple of them thinking it was a prank call. After dozens of beseeching letters, my father took me to my first flying lesson. The FBO manager got out a pile of seat cushions and I wound up using three of them to even see over the yoke. Impressed by how I handled the C-172, my instructor put his hands near the yoke and told me to try landing. "My hands will be right here." On my first lesson, I landed the plane by looking out the side as it was the only way I could see the ground at my then height of 5'1.

Enraptured but unable to come up with proper money, I flew once a month and it became the passion of my life alongside writing. By fifteen I was a professional writer and although I never had the patience to properly research or market them, had written eight novels from the age of eight to sixteen. I began to incorporate aviation and soon picked up jobs in various aviation mags.

At the age of nineteen, I heard of someone I vaguely knew who was driving to Alaska. I mentioned that I would love to go there someday, and two short days later, I had the task of breaking the news to my mother that I had decided to drive to Alaska. Riding in the passenger seat of what was little more than a stranger, it took days to reach our destination of Anchorage through camping in the car away from the mosquito hordes, staying at an odd bed and breakfast that had locks on the outside of the bedroom doors, and countless miles through bumpy roads and dense forest.

I was invited to stay in the bush by a couple I met in Anchorage, and I spent an amazing two weeks in a cabin, bathing in the lake and sleeping under moquito nets in the attic. Returning to Anchorage, the person I had driven up with suddenly decided to return to the states, and I was left to fend for myself. Working several jobs and still managing to turn food money into flying money, I lost twenty-five pounds but gained about the same amount in flight time. Renting a small restored Luscombe, I performed spins and fell in love with aerobatics. When I returned to Colorado in the autumn, I planned my next move--Arizona.

I fell in love with a man, and lost him to death. Grief-stricken for the longest month I hope I'll ever live, I became my own private investigator when I realized something was amiss and discovered that he had faked his death...apparently a fake from the start. I decided it was time to cut short my stay in Colorado, and I left my beloved home to pursue my world of aviation in the deserts of AZ.

Here I am now--still writing, and planning to start up flight training again in the fall. In my twenties and already having experienced a myriad of adventures, near-death experiences, passion, ambition, and emotions, I love life more than ever, and nothing will ever take that away. As my signature states, "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, Sabrina! An avid reader all my life, I've scribbled a few things here and there, but never really had the guts to progress further along the "professional" route than a few rejection notices. Still do it occasionally, just for fun...write, that is, not get rejected. :lol:

Born to a well-to-do family in beautiful and historical South Pasadena, CA. Homeschooled, I lived a quiet, isolated childhood where my world was books, writing--I was writing poems about love, death, life even at five years old--and my imagination games in our lush, tropical acres. At eleven, my engineer/scientist father moved us to Colorado after his retirement where I suddenly had 40 more acres to explore and play on.

When I was 12, we happened to drive by an airport and I got a surge of adrenaline and curiousity. Upon reaching home, I slipped away with the telephone and a phone book and began dialing local airport--a couple of them thinking it was a prank call. After dozens of beseeching letters, my father took me to my first flying lesson. The FBO manager got out a pile of seat cushions and I wound up using three of them to even see over the yoke. Impressed by how I handled the C-172, my instructor put his hands near the yoke and told me to try landing. "My hands will be right here." On my first lesson, I landed the plane by looking out the side as it was the only way I could see the ground at my then height of 5'1.

Enraptured but unable to come up with proper money, I flew once a month and it became the passion of my life alongside writing. By fifteen I was a professional writer and although I never had the patience to properly research or market them, had written eight novels from the age of eight to sixteen. I began to incorporate aviation and soon picked up jobs in various aviation mags.

At the age of nineteen, I heard of someone I vaguely knew who was driving to Alaska. I mentioned that I would love to go there someday, and two short days later, I had the task of breaking the news to my mother that I had decided to drive to Alaska. Riding in the passenger seat of what was little more than a stranger, it took days to reach our destination of Anchorage through camping in the car away from the mosquito hordes, staying at an odd bed and breakfast that had locks on the outside of the bedroom doors, and countless miles through bumpy roads and dense forest.

I was invited to stay in the bush by a couple I met in Anchorage, and I spent an amazing two weeks in a cabin, bathing in the lake and sleeping under moquito nets in the attic. Returning to Anchorage, the person I had driven up with suddenly decided to return to the states, and I was left to fend for myself. Working several jobs and still managing to turn food money into flying money, I lost twenty-five pounds but gained about the same amount in flight time. Renting a small restored Luscombe, I performed spins and fell in love with aerobatics. When I returned to Colorado in the autumn, I planned my next move--Arizona.

I fell in love with a man, and lost him to death. Grief-stricken for the longest month I hope I'll ever live, I became my own private investigator when I realized something was amiss and discovered that he had faked his death...apparently a fake from the start. I decided it was time to cut short my stay in Colorado, and I left my beloved home to pursue my world of aviation in the deserts of AZ.

Here I am now--still writing, and planning to start up flight training again in the fall. In my twenties and already having experienced a myriad of adventures, near-death experiences, passion, ambition, and emotions, I love life more than ever, and nothing will ever take that away. As my signature states, "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."

Sabrina,

I don't think we have actually met before you must be some what new here. Nice to meet you. If you have not read this thread from start to finish already I would encourage to do it. You will learn a lot about your fellow members, including myself. Nice to meet you.

What type of books do you write?

Hunter,

I joined in early May and was in the "introduction" thread. And yes, I have read all the biographies or else I wouldn't have posted my own.

I am currently writing a column for Atlantic Flyer, and I've freelanced feature articles on aerospace, history, and travel documenting some of my experiences. I'm working on my first major fiction project for publication, and enjoy aerobatics as well as virtually every other aspect of aviation.

I noticed in your profile that your hobbies enjoy martial arts--details? While I am new to the art--purple belt in Tang Soo Do, soon to be involved in jiu jitsu--it was love at first sight and also enjoy my gun and knife collection, as well as archery.

Thanks for the welcome--

Last edited:
Hunter,

I joined in early May and was in the "introduction" thread. And yes, I have read all the biographies or else I wouldn't have posted my own.

I am currently writing a column for Atlantic Flyer, and I've freelanced feature articles on aerospace, history, and travel documenting some of my experiences. I'm working on my first major fiction project for publication, and enjoy aerobatics as well as virtually every other aspect of aviation.

I noticed in your profile that your hobbies enjoy martial arts--details? While I am new to the art--purple belt in Tang Soo Do, soon to be involved in jiu jitsu--it was love at first sight and also enjoy my gun and knife collection, as well as archery.

Thanks for the welcome--

I started out in a style of traditional martial arts called Goju-ryu karate. It was a in close style of combat with lots of hand strikes and low kicks. I did that for a numbers of years. Then I went into MMA training, learning boxing, wrestling, jj. I did that just for fun for couple more years. If I won the lottery I would train 5 days a week. But for now I have no time, with kids and work. I still love it, watch MMA whenever I can and read about it.

Ok.... So I guess I'll have a shot at this.

I was born October 1st, 1995 in St. Barnabus Hospital. I have lived in New Jersey all my life. I live in a very peaceful area, with a lot of friends as of now and do pretty good in school if I say so myself. My dad is a Police Officer in Millburn, New Jersey. Right outside of Newark and is generally busy with work. My mom is a teacher.

Anyways I am a bit of a clutz, in first grade, I was playing tag in the house and my arm went through a glass door cutting my arm terribly. I had to get 38 stitches and haven't regained full use of my right arm. I'm about 80 percent there :lol:. I went to the principals office in 1st grade for biting a kid, because we were playing house and I was suppose to be the 'baby'

Moving on to middle school (where I am now.) In 6th grade I was playing around at a friends house on his tredmill and I slipped fell and ended up getting 12 stitches in my leg. That's how I spent my Christmas. I have done very well in my History classes getting straight A's on American History. I have to brothers. I am the middle child.

That's it as of now.

Well, guess its my turn.

I was born on July 2, 1981. I have a older sister (4 years older) and a younger brother (10 years younger). I lived in Louisiana in a small town named Haynesville. It had a big population of less than a 1000 people, but I really enjoyed the small town. I did nothing but hunt, fish, and play football.

At the grand age of 19 I enlisted into the Air Force. After bootcamp I went to tech school and learned I would be working on the F-16 Fighting Falcon. My first base was Edwards AFB in California. I have a great time there. I did many TDY's to different bases, and a few TDY's to some strip clubs.

I met my lovely wife (on the internet as a matter of fact) in 2006. We had our frist date at Olive Garden. She came all dressed up and beautiful looking, I showed up on my motorcycle wearing shorts and sleveless shirt. After 5 months I got orders to Charleston, South Carolina and I left my wife behind to work Security (dealing with all the top secret documents) for the F-117 program out of Palmdale, California. Flying back a few times to visit her, she proceded to send me a text message saying she was pregnant. In August of 2007 we got married, and in November of that year, our beautiful daughter LexiAnn was born. It has been a great time ever sence then, and I enjoy it every day. In April of 2009, I had lower back sugery to repair some disk and cartlidge I had damaged. In October of this year, I was awoken at 3:30 in the morning to find out that my wife was pregnant with #2. We find out in January what sex it will be.

Hmm, well can't say I have anything near as interesting or as long, but try I will for it is late and I have little to do.

Born in July 1992 on our farm in South East Queensland and have grown up on the place as well, nothing really remarkable has happened in my life so far as yet and at the moment I have just graduated from high school and had schoolies and the afterparties. Currently I am awaiting response from the universities I have applied to join. I plan to do a course in Engineering and then specialize in Mechanical. My ultimate ambition is to work in the automotive industry designing car engines and other such systems.

I first became interested in WW2 from my father who is a gun and ammunition collector, this led to me being exposed to the shooting community and I am an active shooter who enjoys nothing more than a Sunday morning of plugging clay targets. In the future I plan to become more committed to the sport as I have been told by professionals in the sport that I have some talent for it, although it will require more than my current input ;)

I have a huge interest in Modern history as a whole with particular interest on both WW2 and of the effects of imperialism on modern society. I find this site a great source to future my personal knowledge of all things WW2 and to have a place to wind down and take some time out.

Sorry for being a bore, there was not really a lot to write about and I fear that as a result of taking advanced english classes in high school I tend to bullshit a bit, like i'm doing now.
Cheers,
Michael.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back