Member Mug Shots (continued)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't remember the study off hand. I heard some guys talking about it at the museum. But I would think he is getting exposure to science, at least from a flight perspective. He is definitely getting a history lesson! Even if he doesn't become a pilot, I think he will have the aviation interest. He is very much like me, and exhibits the same behaviors with airplanes that I did as a child. But he is getting more exposure than I did.

Exposure like this does it everytime. I remember when I was his age and my dad would take me to work with him and I would sit in the cockpit of his UH-1H Huey and put his flight helmet on and pretend to fly. He would take me to all the aviation museums and let me wear his flight suits. All the airshows and going to work and watching him fly did me in and it will do you son in also. You can be proud of him!

See, you were exposed to aviation early and you are doing well. Look around at people in aviation. They don't do drugs, live pretty healthy and are usually in pretty good shape. They also pay attention to detail and are always willing to help each other out. Sounds like good role models to me!

For the most part you are correct, we do not tollarate people who are not like that. People like that get killed. We just had a crew chief come up possitive for drugs on a test and he is gone, and will never touch another aircraft again in his life.

I'm guessing people think they'll be okay to 'get away with it just this once' and then.... BOOM! Random drugs test! BOOM! Goodbye career!

It's just not worth it. When I was doing TA stuff, I would leave the room if there were people smoking weed at a house party, just because I wouldn't even risk passively getting any in my system.

I can understand that, Med. Better to not risk it. We had random tests pretty often in my days in the USAF. Why anyone would try and get away with it is beyond me. I couldn't think that it would be enough fun to ruin a career for.

Users who are viewing this thread