Members Meeting Members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Allrighty...that didn't work out too well !. I dunno, spend a small fortune to travel across the Pond to meet you guys...and no-ne shows up !. Soooo...to let you make up for it, I'm travelling back out on Sept 1st for another three weeks. Starting at NAS Wildwood at Cape May in Mass and working my up towards Boston. Don't be shy, come on and buy me a beer y'all !

Need to come out to the Midwest...

Agree with the last two posts. Drop into my little burg(runway length - 5033ft./1534m), keep the engines running, we'll hug it out, photo op, and then I'll give you a slap on the keester and send you on your way.
lol Geo!

I am surprised that Gary didn't see anyone while he was in SoCal, there's GregP, Syscom, Wheels, Ontos, JKim and Evangilder - just to name a few.

Perhaps they heard that Gary was driving and all ran for cover? :evil4:

Flying Legends 2017

Some of us have been discussing meeting up for the 2017 Flying Legends airshow at Duxford in 2017.
The dates are now confirmed - Sat 8th and Sun 9th July, 2017, so start making those hotel/flight/campsite/girlfriend etc reservations !!!

Always the second weekend in July Andy, but I didn't post the dates until I confirmed it with TFC.
The Duxford September airshow will be later next year - weekend of 24th Sept.

Gary, my sincerest apologies. I was hyped to go and forget to check your dates. Then when you did come around, that nasty Hurricane That Wasn't showed up. Got stuck doing stuff here. If you check in next year, you know I will buy the brew!

Karl and I visited the RAF Museum, Hendon on Saturday, to meet-up with Marcel, and his father in law, Hans, over from Holland.
I'm afraid the pic is terrible, a combination of the very poor, mixed lighting in the museum, and the passing visitor who used my little Fuji 'bridge camera' without letting it focus first.
From left to right - me (sans moustache !), Karl, Marcel and Hans.
We had a great day together, and have arranged to meet-up again at the Oostwold airshow in Holland next May.
Hopefully, Marcel will have a better pic or two.

Hendon Oct 2016 040.JPG

Nice one Marcel, look forward to seeing it.
Yep, Marcel is tall. During the drive down to London, knowing that many people from the Netherlands are tall, Karl and I placed bets on his height. Karl said 6 feet 2 inches, I said 6 feet 4 inches - and won the bet !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back