Merry Christmas and a happy new year? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gixxerman

Senior Airman
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Ireland
Here's a poser to chew over and see what comes up.

Everyone (just about) knows all about the WW1 Christmas truce.....and a variety of recent TV shows show it was a lot more widespread and went on a lot longer than many imagined or knew about.

So, knowing airmen are a particular breed with many prone to seeing themselves with a code of ethics or at the very least different to the other services ........in WW2 did the various combatants do anything that you know of in the interests of seasonal good will?

(edit to clarify.......by which I mean in not fighting killing each other during the festive season)

.....oh and a very merry Christmas a very happy 2012 to everyone! :D

Last edited:
I remember reading and seeing in the movie that Captain Langsdorff of the Admiral Graf Spee made arrangements for the compartments where the British seamen prisoners were held were decorated for the upcoming Christmas season. He was a gentleman.

I remember reading and seeing in the movie that Captain Langsdorff of the Admiral Graf Spee made arrangements for the compartments where the British seamen prisoners were held were decorated for the upcoming Christmas season. He was a gentleman.

Yes, he was a gentleman. The problem is that warships need good commanding officers, not gentlemen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back