Mitsubishi A6M8 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks GG for your kind checking my work with good patience:)
You will see how the final model of Zero fighter looked like soon.

In addition to the replacement of engine to more powerful one, it had the bullet-proof glasses in the front and rear of cockpit
as well as armour plate in the back of pilot seat. Front fuel tank was relocated to mid-fuselage as methanol tank had occupied
the front space. All fuel tanks were improved to bullet-proof type.

These improvements, however, were not in time for the war as completed only three weeks before Japan accepted the Potsdam
Declaration.

A6M8_image06bRS.JPG

Thank You, Gnomey and Aaron for your checking!

Pilot seat may be coming up next as it was attached to the fifth frame too.
This seat was a modified one for the A6M5c and its later version.
I have not made it in my CGI before.

New_pilot_seat.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Aaron:)

So, my working on the fuselage is to be suspended for a while until the seat comes up but I want to complete the 3rd and 6th frames at the same time because they have simple shape.

After that, wing spur and ribs are about to come.

A6M8_image09RS.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for your good understanding with patience Aaron and other members:)
This may be a good chance to explain about Zeros a little more.

Though many know, there were two types of seat for them.
As the back depth of earlier type was not necessarily enough to hold the pilot well, it was extended about 8 inches backward from the A6M5c.
The drawing attached here shows the earlier type and the red lines indicate the extended space.
A set of parachute was always placed on the seat as also a cushion.

Pilot_seat_screenshot2.JPG

Thanks Gnomey and George for your kind comments!
Sorry for my late reply.

As I have thought I would not be able to complete my reproduction of Mitsubishi drawings of the seat if I missed this chance,
I'm still working on it to finish soon with some more correction of lines and lettering work.

I'm going to begin modelling the seat after that.

Seat_drawing_screenshot.JPG

Thanks for your nice question, Thor.
You would be wondering why I take so much time for such monotonous drawings.

It has been my promise with my friend who is a collector/researcher of Zero relics a few years before that I will reproduce his old/faded blueprints neatly in my CAD work when I use them for my CGI. I know he is almost forgetting or giving up but my mind will not be clear till I accomplish it.

My own future plan is to publish my work comprehensively but it will take longer time because I have a lot of incomplete works as you may know well:)

Arigato.

I saw the thread today, looked through it and it's hard to find the right words, just wow.

Fantastic work you're doing Shinpachi.

Thanks marshall, GG and T Bolt for checking my thread:)

Dimensions for the seat of early typle was 420mm(w) x 580mm(h) x 350mm(d).
My challenge this time is to clarify them for the later type.

A6M_Seat_blueprint.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back