Mitsubishi A6M8 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Aaron and Merv for keep watching!

Yes, it really takes time to adjust each part above all.

Seat)04image07.JPG

The seat is looking great Shinpachi! Your struggle is paying off sir.:thumbleft: And Dave, that would be great if the reproduced the A6M. I know where there is a excellent set of blue prints to help out to.:) Of course, we'd have to get a certain individuals permision to use them.:oops:

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your so warm words, Derek and GG!
In case of reproducing the A6Ms, I would like to suggest producing the Nakajima Sakae engines first
as manufacturing airframes would look much easier after that:)

Seat05image01.JPG

Thanks Aaron and GG.

Yes, the seat was suspended by a rubber cable.
If I was a designer then, I would use an air-pressured tube as it could be more durable.

Now, I'm going back to the frames.
:)

A6M8image10RS.JPG

Thanks Paul!
I am glad to have reproduced the later version seat even in CGI.
Few paid attention to it till now.

...Yes, the seat was suspended by a rubber cable.
If I was a designer then, I would use an air-pressured tube as it could be more durable...
The rubber cable looks to be an interesting concept for the seat suspension.

Now out of curiousity, did the A6M have an air compressor onboard, or would you have to provide alternate means for providing the air needed for the air suspension?

Perhaps a hydraulic suspension would have worked as well?

Thanks Gnomey for your kind comment and GG for your good question.

My idea is coming from an older gas-tube used for a lifting device in a factory where I used to work fifteen years ago.
Made in Germany, It was not only cleaner, lighter and simpler to handle than hydraulic but did not need additional gas(argon) charge
for more than ten years. I don't think Zeros had an air compressor onboard, so this kind of air-pressured tube looks idealistic.

As you may notice, rubber cable for the Zero seat was simply a lifting aid and that was not requested such higher accuracy like landing gears.

:)

Seat_06image04.JPG
Seat_06image05.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back