Mitsubishi A6M8 CGI Project (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just saw this thread, Shinpachi-san. It is wonderful what you are doing with the Zero. I have the book, "Eagles of Mitsubishi" by Jiro Horikoshi, which has quite a few pictures of their drawings. Good luck with your progress.

Charles

Thank you very much vB and Paul!

Tracing_No_4_03image00-03S.JPG

2nd and 4th frames completed.
Important frames to catch the wing.
Thanks!

A6M5_image05SR.JPG

A6M5_image06SR.JPG

Hello Shinpachi...
I'm impressed by your project, to preserve the details of the aeroplane that Horikoshi and his team worked so hard to create. I too have read the english translation of Horikoshi's book, "Eagles of Mitsubishi", and it is clear that they where very proud of their work. Thier accomplishments where both personal and historic (in some ways changing the world forever), and it is impressive that you are working so hard to retrieve the knowledge that was lost. It is doubtful that the Mitsubishi Zero will be forgotten anytime soon...but your project brings light to the actual work and thinking that went into the designing, and then the building of this historically significant aeroplane.

I have not been around the forums as much...but I hope that I will be able to keep in touch with your work again. I have been distracted by family affairs, but it seems that things are returning to normal. My father had been sick with cancer, but he has recovered, and the cancer is in remission. An impressive outcome at his age.

Keep up the good work!!

p.s. What factory do you work in, and what did they once build? Was it the engines or the airframes that where manufactured their? I'm just curious...thanks

Last edited:
I am glad to see you again proton45.
I wish your father to keep stabler condition.
Please tell him my best wishes and respects.

I was working for Sumitomo Precision Products as a staff of Environmental Facilities Management Department till 2003 when I had health trouble to resign. I walked around in the factory and its yard of three acres every day to check machine conditions and ask workers their requests, opinions and complains about their working environments. It was a good job for me as I was also an engineer.
I knew how they felt well.

The company was originally an aero products division of Sumitomo Metal Industries to supply duralumin products as well as Hamilton propellers during the war and separated as an independent manufacturer after the war in 1961. It has contracts with JASDF mainly and some other local and overseas aircrafts companies like Mitsubishi, Shin-Maywa(old Kawanishi) and Hamilton.

I learned a lot not only about technologies but how to behave there willingly or unwillingly.
A simple truth was 'A sheet of paper is mighter than any good speech'.
I don't know well about situation in other countries but believe this is common in general Japanese organizations.

Sumitomo Precision Products Co., Ltd.

Thanks for your kind comments Thor, Gnomey and Aaron too!
There could have been thousands of parts for a set of Zero:)
Keep in touch.

Last edited:
Thanks Merv:)

I may be trying to show you Zero was nothing but a mere metal work...
I'm simply tracing lines Jiro Horikoshi designed and it looks endless.
He did a good job.

A6M5_image00bRS.JPG

Yes Aaron, the patience requests me to think about the future only (wow!).
Thanks for your good understanding:)

A6M5_image02RRS.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back