Mitsubishi A6M8 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi all.
Shinpachi your drawings were very helpful to me during the construction cocpitu my Zero A6M5 scale 1-4,8. I'm impressed-super work. Regards Adam from Poland.
P1030082.JPG
P1030290.JPG
P1030289.JPG
P1030271.JPG

Dear Shinpachi,

I am new to this forum and I would like in my first post to congratulate you on your exceptional work and skills.

I have purchased the second A6M Zero book (The Zero Fighter) that you mentioned from Amazon Japan and I am very satisfied with the included mechanical details. However I would also like to have similar detailed drawings of structural elements (ribs, stringers etc) including dimensions.

The first book that you mentioned (Type 0 Carrier Fighter Drawing Book) is out of print and I cannot find it online. Would you be so kind to reference another similar book containing drawings of the structural elements of A6M Zero if any? Thank you in advance.

Sorry for my post again for this thread but I think I have completed the Zero seat of early version with the seat belts now.
Please let me share. Thanks.

Left: Mitsubishi type
Right: Nakajima type
Plan75.JPG

Thank you very much, David :)
I have been thinking I would have to make the seat belts sooner or later as they can be applied to my other work like Yokosuka K5Y trainer.
This was a good chance.

Last edited:
Shinpachi, I see the Nakajima lap-belts appear to be leather but the Mitsubishi lap-belts are green in color. Were the Mitsubishi lap-belts made of a canvas material instead of leather?

Yes, Mitsubishi was traditionally likely favoring the canvas belts while Nakajima the leather ones.
I think this was coming from the difference of favor between the navy and the army. Nakajima's main customer was the army though asked to manufacture the Zero fighters for the navy.

Even in manufacturing methods, Mitsubishi used the rivets for assembling the wings but Nakajima is said adopted more advanced spot-welding in the 1940s.

I too am looking forward to your K5Y project. It would help in building my model kit.

Hello, at6! and Thanks for your kind attention to my K5Y.
I am currently transplanting the Zero seat belts to the K5Y.
I personally like the leather belts but they will be the canvas ones as historical records indicate :)

Plan76.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back