moon landings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, perhaps I misunderstood, what you wanted to say.
No problem
I have another (same?) story for you.

You have had a "Bomber Harris" in the pacific region in WWII. I don't know his name. Later he was the commander of your strategic B52 bomber fleet.
Only the president (and vice president?) has the right to press the "Red Button". Kenedy has had to recognice, that this guy had also the codes. This guy meant something like "if the president is not carrageous enough, to decide for". Not only the CIA was out of control in this time.
You're thinking of general LeMay and yes another one out of control.

Remember, many of these folks were former WW2 vets - very hardened and very set in their ways and many operating with their own agendas.

Do you realy belive this?:shock:
Perhaps a little bit tempered!

I do to a point....

I believe that the moonlandings took place. Why would they want to make a hoax? What point would they want to make? What possibly would they like to gain with the hoax?

Little wonder why Buzz Aldrin smacks 'Apolloscam' theorists in the face. They must be driving the poor man insane!

Can I throw in my 'Tuppence' worth, please. There are certain facts about the moon landing that confuse me and so far I'm near the fence, on the side I believe them to be true, but...
Also: I know for a fact that the CIA were actively looking at getting involved in Northern Ireland in the early 1980s. I also have other information regarding this situation but I doubt it will appear in any paperwork anywhere anytime.

Can I throw in my 'Tuppence' worth, please. There are certain facts about the moon landing that confuse me and so far I'm near the fence, on the side I believe them to be true, but...
Also: I know for a fact that the CIA were actively looking at getting involved in Northern Ireland in the early 1980s. I also have other information regarding this situation but I doubt it will appear in any paperwork anywhere anytime.

I don't understand your point. Of course the CIA would be interested in the Provos - they had major arms smuggling operations based out of the US (particularly from the Camp Lejeune area; go USMC), they were viewed as a destabilizing terrorist organization, and were involved in other global arms procurement schemes (Libya comes to mind).

And you're surprised that the CIA would be interested in getting involved in Northern Ireland?

What does the CIA, Moon landings and Northern Ireland have to do with each other?

That sounds like the beginning of a fine joke :D

Was the IRA landing on the moon?

No, then what does that have to do with this thread?

Did you know that with all the money spent on the war in Iraq the USA could have gone back to the moon?

When it was discussed, the a new moon shot was far too costly but they seem to find the cash for Iraq.

The Apollo programme cost no more than a years worth of war in Vietnam.

The Astronauts rarely sign autos coz Aldrins auto can go for $400 And so you have to pay him to sign! Aldrin also claimed two migs in Korea. And seemingly the worlds largest chip on his shoulder. Alan Bean is my favourite moon walker. He seems to be a most likeable and down to earth person.

When I went to Florida and actully saw a Saturn V it was amazing. It is chuffing ginormous!

Did you know that with all the money spent on the war in Iraq the USA could have gone back to the moon?

When it was discussed, the a new moon shot was far too costly but they seem to find the cash for Iraq.

The Apollo programme cost no more than a years worth of war in Vietnam.

Maybe because the Moon is not going to support terrorists....

If it is that important to you that someone goes to the moon now then please ask your own country to fund the money and send one of there own astronauts to the moon.

The Basket said:
The Astronauts rarely sign autos coz Aldrins auto can go for $400 And so you have to pay him to sign! Aldrin also claimed two migs in Korea. And seemingly the worlds largest chip on his shoulder. Alan Bean is my favourite moon walker. He seems to be a most likeable and down to earth person.

What are you talking about? They dont have problems signing autographs. Where did you make this us at?

Whenever they are out and about and someone asks for an autograph they sign it without a problem.

The Astronauts rarely sign autos coz Aldrins auto can go for $400 And so you have to pay him to sign! Aldrin also claimed two migs in Korea. And seemingly the worlds largest chip on his shoulder.
I've met Aldrin twice. Once when I was 17 and again when I was in my 30s. Both times he gave out autographs and seemed very likable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back