moon landings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well i love astronomy. and even though i love a good conspiracy and believe half the stuff about the phony moon landing... i dont care. really. i wasnt alive back then, and to me, half the fun of looking into space is the dreaming of being there someday myself. its highly impossible, but its the complete awe of the nights sky that has the biggest draw for me. amazing.

Are you nuts - Saddam Hussein's whole regime was a textbook definition of terrorism. My goodness - where do you come up with this garbage.

Wrong. He was a textbook tyrant and dictator. Did you know that two young boys were killed in my town by PIRA? By a bomb in a rubbish bin? And you ask me if I know terrorism? That when I joined the RAF that I was told at any time I was a target for PIRA? And you ask me what terrorism is? What the definition of terrorism is? When I go home and see the plaque where the boys died...that is the textbook definition of terrorism...I don't have to go to Iraq to find it....to be told how to look under your car for a IED...? Yeah...is that garbage?

Wrong. He was a textbook tyrant and dictator. Did you know that two young boys were killed in my town by PIRA? By a bomb in a rubbish bin? And you ask me if I know terrorism? That when I joined the RAF that I was told at any time I was a target for PIRA? And you ask me what terrorism is? What the definition of terrorism is? When I go home and see the plaque where the boys died...that is the textbook definition of terrorism...I don't have to go to Iraq to find it....to be told how to look under your car for a IED...? Yeah...is that garbage?

Apparently, you believe that a leader cannot wage terror on their own people. That's sad that you think that.

That's a terrible story. That would also be categorized as terrorism, as our government sees fit, and likely almost any other government out there.

Here is just one definition of terrorism...
This is taken from the US State Dept:
The term "terrorism" means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience.

It is also commonly referred to by means that utilize mass fear in order to attain goals, which are often political or religious in nature.

Now - since Saddam was part of a minority group in Iraq that held power through such means, I do not see how you can logically conclude he was not a terrorist. International terrorism is only a single type of terror. A leader can fully engage in acts of terror towards his own people - which again - Saddam Hussein did.

That said - all this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

terror/ist n. one who favours or uses terror-inspiring methods of governing or of coercing government or community; hence or cogn.~
Oxford Dictionary.

Terrorist or terrorism is the latest buzz word used by whoever wants to use it. Was Hitler or Stalin ever called terrorist?

Was he a terrorist when he invaded Iran? When he was doing what the Arab states and the west wanted him too? If he didn't invade Kuwait, He would still be in power Killing as he pleases.

Remember that PIRA was also called freedom fighters by their supporters. Its a point of view of whose side your on. I like Semantics and the meaning of words. We could go through every war in history and think whether this or that was a terrorist act. At some point we have to agree to disagree on this point.

I don't have to go to Iraq to find it....to be told how to look under your car for a IED...? Yeah...is that garbage?

That puts you on a thin line. As an Iraq veteran I will not tolerate anyone who will slander what the soldiers in Iraq are doing and especially those that have fallen in Iraq even if they were killed by an IED....or garbage.....

If you wish to discuss the Iraq war then do it in the many threads about the Iraq War. You got that?

Now I suggest this thread gets back on topic....

In James R Hansen's book First Man...The Life of Neil Armstrong ....there's quite a lot about fame and autographs.He states that Armstrong never gives them (pages 624 625) and its estimated 90% of autographs are fake.
Another excellent book about the Apollo astronauts is Moondust by Andrew Smith where he tries to interview the surviving (at that time-2005) astronauts.
If you do have Armstrongs autograph...its worth a fortune ......if you can prove authenticity.

In James R Hansen's book First Man...The Life of Neil Armstrong ....there's quite a lot about fame and autographs.He states that Armstrong never gives them (pages 624 625) and its estimated 90% of autographs are fake.
Another excellent book about the Apollo astronauts is Moondust by Andrew Smith where he tries to interview the surviving (at that time-2005) astronauts.
If you do have Armstrongs autograph...its worth a fortune ......if you can prove authenticity.

He was handing them out at our school....

But then again that was back in the 1980s

I did a bit of research and it turns out that he apparantly does not sign autographs any more since 1994.

This is from Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt as well.

"Since 1994, he has refused any requests for autographs, after he found that his signed items were selling for large amounts of money and that many forgeries are in circulation. Often items reach prices of US$1,000 on auction sites like eBay. Signed photographs of the Apollo 11 crew can sell for $5,000. Any requests sent to him receive a form letter in reply saying that he has stopped signing. Although his no-autograph policy is well-known, author Andrew Smith watched people at the 2002 Reno Air Races still try to get signatures, even saying, "If you shove something close enough in front of his face, he'll sign."[54] Along with autographs, he has stopped sending out congratulatory letters to new Eagle Scouts. The reason is that he thinks these letters should come from people who know the scout personally"

Neil Armstrong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andrew Smith's book Moondust is an excellent read of what the moonrace means today.

And what happaned to all the Apollo crew.

He speaks to all the survivors or at least tries too!

Apologies for my earlier input. I was 'hopping' through the topics got on to this one and missed that it was really dedicated to the moon landings only.
Did you know that Sir Patrick Moore, whilst in tenure at Armagh Observatory, drew up the plans for the first moon landing and also advised NASA on the suitability of their choice of landing spot and also advised on what sort of surface the astronauts could expext there?

I find it all amusing that anyone could even contemplate accusing the Moon landings as a fake. it was all just a money spinning exercise to sell books ect
I remember watching it on TV it was brilliant, probably the most exciting live TV coverage of all time next to the 13 re-entry wait.

Les has pretty much summed it up perfectly (as he so often does). The only reason why people say it didn't occur is to sell books. Every major event in world history have different views (with all the morons holding the views that are just f*cking stupid --> contrails etc).

Im sorry, but anyone who doubts the authenticity of the moon landings is a fu*kin moron who needs to stop humping on his pet llama, cause those fur burns are obviously producing some sort of amino acid that renders the cognizant reality portion of ur brain non-functional...

Fu*kin retards....

Damn man - LMFAO

Like that big word cognizant??? U hardly ever get the chance to use that word, especially among u unedumacated meatballs...

Haha - Nobody really uses that word except in papers - attempting to make up for complete lack of quality material with fancy words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back