Wrong. He was a textbook tyrant and dictator. Did you know that two young boys were killed in my town by PIRA? By a bomb in a rubbish bin? And you ask me if I know terrorism? That when I joined the RAF that I was told at any time I was a target for PIRA? And you ask me what terrorism is? What the definition of terrorism is? When I go home and see the plaque where the boys died...that is the textbook definition of terrorism...I don't have to go to Iraq to find it....to be told how to look under your car for a IED...? Yeah...is that garbage?
Apparently, you believe that a leader cannot wage terror on their own people. That's sad that you think that.
That's a terrible story. That would also be categorized as terrorism, as our government sees fit, and likely almost any other government out there.
Here is just one definition of terrorism...
This is taken from the US State Dept:
The term "terrorism" means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience.
It is also commonly referred to by means that utilize mass fear in order to attain goals, which are often political or religious in nature.
Now - since Saddam was part of a minority group in Iraq that held power through such means, I do not see how you can logically conclude he was not a terrorist. International terrorism is only a single type of terror. A leader can fully engage in acts of terror towards his own people - which again - Saddam Hussein did.
That said - all this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.