My Diorama, progress thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Zeiss

Airman
Aug 19, 2008
Ok so I got the first shipment of goods today, everything looks really good. So I snapped a few pics, I even took some pics of the room that the diorama will be using. For those who didnt read my other thread I will list the planes and vehicles involved.
1/72 scale, a german airstrip being attaked by the allies.
Heres what I have on the schedule so far.
For the Axis
3 Me 262A-1a
3 Focke-Wulf Fw-190 D-9
1 Focke-Wulf Fw-190 A8
1 Me 163S Komet

For the Allies
2 P-51 Mustang III RAF
1 P-51D American
2 Hawker Tempest V
1 P-47D Thunderbolt Bubbletop
1 B-17G "Little Miss Mischief" probably. I have a few other options.

Other vehicles, guns, misc.
2 Flak 88mm 36
1 Pak 40
1 Opel Blitz
Barrels, bags for bunkers, wooden boxes, telegraph poles, barbed wire fences

List is subject to change

I realize that it wont be a completely accurate scene, but it will be fun to see all these planes together! I also have some buildings and guns and other misc items on the way.

I will update it as I get new things and as I finish certain items.

The Planes

Another closer pic

Pic of the Room they will be going in, It will have to be repainted:D

echo all the guys here! this should be very interesting, Good luck!

BTW I just gave up on the komet kit but hopefully will be returning to it soon and the store at which I purchase my models at has the same academy 262 kit.

Wow man this will be awesome. Will you have any lighting or other stuff like that?

Yeah Im seeing what kind of "special effects" I can throw in:)
I should be able to start this weekend. Maybe then I will have a idea on how long this could take, because it could take a while if I dont stay at it. And since I have 2 jobs I will have to use my time wisely8)
Im confident that I will have enough time to get it done while we are still young:lol:
Anyone know how long an average runway was in WW2? I havent found much info about it.

Looks like the crowd is as excited about this build that the builder is. Will keep and eye open for updates, good luck.

P.S. Don't forget to buy some white fluffy cotton stuffing to make hanging clouds with. Would be cool to see it as a nighttime scene as well with special lighting?

Thanks for the nice comments guys. We are going to paint the walls to look like the sky around the scene, maybe even trees along the bottom. The initial scene will be a daytime scene but I am planning on adding lights for a night time scene. There are other "effects" im looking into as well, including surround sound. ;)
I started the first Me 262 today and got about half done with it. Its the least detailed plane of the group and it will be a plane that crashed during take off.
I'll keep you all updated.

If I didn't see an update, I would have written you off Zeiss into my bull$hit file. Either you are going to spend hundreds of hours or you are setting me up for real disappointment. Either way, I predict you're divorced before its finished. :lol:

In some ways it will be like a model railway, just without the trains :lol:

A club I was in did a night diorama with a Lanc and a nightfighter of some description. They used optical fibres at different timings to get the tracer fire happening.

If I didn't see an update, I would have written you off Zeiss into my bull$hit file. Either you are going to spend hundreds of hours or you are setting me up for real disappointment. Either way, I predict you're divorced before its finished. :lol:

lol, my wife is more excited about the project than me, she wants to help paint! :shock:
Well ive already spent hundreds of dollars, now Its just the hundreds of hours:lol:

Well the h*ll did you find that lassie?

The heck with where he found her, I want to know if she has a sister;)

Wuold be cool to see some pics and a video of that night Lanc/Nightfighter scene too. Optical tracer fire is a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back