My Diorama

Good advice, PB. Obviously, I'm trying to compare 'spackle' to similar products available in the U.K., and I THINK I now know what it is! But yes, any of these types of 'filler' materials are better if sealed before painting. Another way of doing it is to mix varnish with talcum powder, and brush it on. It'll be fairly thick and 'gooey', but you can spread it around if neccessary with a thin decorating trowel, or a piece of card. Or, Dilute some P.V.A. glue slightly with water, and brush that on. It's a trick paperhangers use on fresh, or even cracking, plaster. It seals the cracks and minute air holes, and creates a thin 'plastic' coating over the surface of the filler (spackle).
 
Clean the brush with a tinner and then wash it up with a warm water and soap.
 
Like to see some pics before my hair turns from black to match my white moustache.............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back