My Diorama

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's better to coat it in whatever you're going to represent. For example, grass, earth, etc. If it's going to be grass,either paint the surface with a 'grass' or 'earth' coloured emulsion paint, then sprinkle on the ground-cover fibre/dust when the paint is almost dry, or, coat the surface in adhesive, either 'white' glue or hairspray or similar, then do the grass powder.
If you just paint it, it will not look very convincing, and the paint might crack after a time.

Paint it a dark green color with a spray paint if you have one. Use a big fat short bristled brush and begin to dabble dark browns, light greens/olives and light browns. Don't over do it too much. You can also mix in some yellow, white, and blues here and there. You'd be suprised how good that will look, especially once you add your grass as Airframes suggests.

Show us some pics, bud!

I might recommend giving it a couple of coats of drywall sealer (or any paint that dad says is xtra around the house) colour is not important it will seal it and make better product, before painting it with your final colours
I thought I was done after imparting my "spackle" wisdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back