My Diorama

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't believe for second that the 8th graders going to DC is "free". I have 1,000,000 frequent flyer miles with NWA traveling to that city. And those kids are NOT traveling free. It's almost $200/night per room to stay in DC nowadays. That's far from free. And somebody is paying for it.

Too right, Matt! My young daughter (15) is flying out next month with some from her school, New York-Washington -New York for 6 days, I think, I'll have to check with her mother when we speak next. It's subsidised, but still costing over £900, about $1800 to $2000, from me!
I told her she better get me some shots from the Smithsonian!!

Thanks a lot guys. The 8th graders do a lot of fundraisers (car wash,magazine drive, a play) and if they don't make enough money then parents pay the remainder.

Oh ah the nailing? I just finished the spackle...I'll take a picture of the heavy duty stapler.....I used all the nails and there covered by the spackle....going to take pictures of it all now....check with figures (i am not using but in 1/72) all formations i made are to scale....I am so happy!

P.s. My thumb is fine!! :lol:

Ok everything has been since flattened out or smooth but not all of it...(to keep texture) I Know it sounds quick but it took me from 2:50 to 4:20 p.m.

Attachments

• 102_3001.jpg
    102_3001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 102_3010.jpg
    102_3010.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 102_3011.jpg
    102_3011.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 88
try using a trowel or putty knife to smooth it out a bit , its so rough your going to have a problem painting it without white spots showing . If you don't have a putty knife just borrow one of moms spatulas

I have another one..........why?

Because if you would use masking tape for the frame masking, you would have it clear.What is more, the tape would protect it against damages.Of course it is a kind of economy aswell because the second one you could use for the next diorama couldn't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back