My Diorama

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here are some pictures of the board I am using to support the base board. Going to have my dad cut it

Attachments

• 102_2990.jpg
    102_2990.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 102_2998.jpg
    102_2998.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 80
This is what it looks like with the wood cut out. Is that little crack ok?

Btw this is the back of the board and this wood is for support

Attachments

• 102_3000.jpg
    102_3000.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 88
Heck yeah! :cool: That should be fine. You just don't want your backerboard to be too flexible. When you put your spackle on, if it is going to flex (when you pick it up, move it around), the spackle will crack. Not might crack. It will crack. You said your board is 2/8ths thick ( :lol: ). 1/4" should be just fine.

If you solidly attach the board to your picture frame, you should be just fine. You will probably want to attach your board to the picture frame with either wood glue, construction glue and/or small nails. Just don't split your frame if you nail into it.

Other than that no worries. :toothy3:

Alright so on Wed thru Friday I will be gone on a school trip...we're going camping please don't ask why. Plus I am in Public school. Anyways I won't be on for 2 days I will be back early friday afternoon.

A trip and a camping.....:D Nice. I never liked it when I was a pupil.So I don't ask why but I'm asking where.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back