My First Attempt at Armour, The Panther Panzer KampfwagenV Ausf A....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The majority of those in France, 1944, were the A-model. I don't know which model Barkmann was in, but going by odds it's going to be an A. Did you read the story posted, Lucky, you answered your own question. Barkmann was in the 2nd SS Panzer Division "Das Reich".
D-OH!

It's not loading, but I have plenty pictures of Panthers - but I haven't got round to seperating all of 'em into variants (some have been). Like all those in this post are A, except one !

Attachments

• panther_a_07.jpg
    panther_a_07.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 161
  • pantera_2.jpg
    pantera_2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 151
  • panther_a_05.jpg
    panther_a_05.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 141
  • panther_a_12.jpg
    panther_a_12.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 141
  • panther_a_01.jpg
    panther_a_01.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 154
Well, there you go, it was a D... problem sol-ved. :lol:

After seeing your other work, I know that you will do well with the tank. Just remember, tanks are big monsters covered with dirt, grease, oil and the tracks are rusty except where the metal rubs together. The camo will be easy after doing aircraft. I am looking forward to seeing it.

DBII

don't think the ambush scheme camo was used till the Ardenne guys in fact I am almost positive. the liberal useage of trees and brush was the result of jabo fear in Normandie

hi les, i'm new to this site, so hopefully you are well finished with your panther. my step grandfather was an nco in the ss division Galicia. he was an infantryman, so never drove a tank, indeed, his closest contact was nearly being run over by a panther in 1943 somewhere in russia, but he said that all the pictures he had seen of models on the web, they were way too clean. the panzers would be caked in dirt most of the time, and would also be re painted several times a year depending on the season and terrain, so, once you decide on a theatre and a year you kind of have carte blanche. he also said that it was rare for more than five tanks per regiment to have the same colour or camo scheme. sadly he died some time ago so i cannot press for details!

Way cool nizzer. Now that was a great post. Wish you had some pics from your grandfather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back