My First Attempt at Armour, The Panther Panzer KampfwagenV Ausf A....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree Matt, I sat there with my mouth open on some of those dioramas.... This shot blew me away....

IMG_2624.jpg

And Russian soldier standing to the left makes it. That was beautiful. A little too much rust, but fantastic concept and execution.

Bit more progress on the Tiger II, tracks are painted, turret has had a gloss coat to the sides for the numbers, spare track links shown in their positions, but removed for the gloss coat. Further bits'n'pieces to be painted and added hopefully by the weekend....

Attachments

• Tiger_II_Tracks painted_8599.JPG
    Tiger_II_Tracks painted_8599.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Tiger_II_Turret spare tracks_P8602.JPG
    Tiger_II_Turret spare tracks_P8602.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Tiger_II_Turret Gloss Coat_8605.JPG
    Tiger_II_Turret Gloss Coat_8605.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 127
Very nice Wayne! How did you get such clean lines? I always get a bit of overspray.

On this job 50/50 paint and thinner about 30psi or 200kpa, slow and careful working out to the edges of the pattern. There are a few spots of minor overspray to correct with another thinned 'spot' application to fix. Currently i'm preparing all the bits'n'pieces to fit, cables and tools etc.
Catch you just have to get your mix right ,your pressure right and it takes lot's of practice, I still DO stuff it up sometimes and then you have to go over the colours a second time.
Keepin' at it A4K, I,m actually juggling a 1/48th F-15 build as well and preparing to start my Fw190A-9 of Erich's cousin. so more pictures coming soon.

I know what you mean, Wayne! My 1:72 Me 323 is temporarily on hold while I try to find detailed info on the interior of the wing, and in between I'm doing a UH-1C Iroquois for a mate, aswell as an RNZAF C-47 Dakota for myself!

You're Welcome mate, and A4k I'm juggling with the other hand a Japanese Kate torpedo bomber and Raiden Interceptor! I need more hands...

Turret numbers on the tank and a gloss overcoat done tonight to seal the decals, first flat coat tomorrow night.

Bit more progress, Decals on Thursday, additional gloss coat to seal on Friday, followed by 2 flat coats today.

Attachments

• Tiger_II_Decal and Gloss_8629.JPG
    Tiger_II_Decal and Gloss_8629.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Tiger_II_Decal and Flat_8631.JPG
    Tiger_II_Decal and Flat_8631.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back