My First Attempt at Armour, The Panther Panzer KampfwagenV Ausf A....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She's coming along nicely, Wayne! I'd like tp ask your advice on airbrushes soon too (in a seperate thread, I think) when I get the time to type it out properly. Alot of work on at the moment!

and still more progress, almost all the 'extras' are on... No worries A4K!

Attachments

• Tiger_II_Tools_8715.JPG
    Tiger_II_Tools_8715.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Tiger_II_Tools_8718.JPG
    Tiger_II_Tools_8718.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 115
Nice job Wayne. Why did you apply a gloss over the decals and then a clear flat? It that better than applying just applying the flat?

DBII
clank, clank

DBII I always put a second gloss coat over the decals once they are applied, this then ensures the entire area is the same 'coat' or surface finish.
I have found that in some cases without the the second gloss coat, the decals will have a different sheen (usually more flat) than the surrounding surface.

...and Thanks guys for your comments!

All right, all right, you guys talked me into it; I'm about halfway through a 1/35th Tiger I Ausf. E myself (early-model), and about 25% through a 1/35th Maus. I'll post some pic's as soon as I get the chance (and I've still got a 1/35th Jagdtiger and E-100 waiting!).

Oh... Wayne has been the first with his answer.:D So OK.

In addition only.
The flat paints and matt thinner are rough on a surface so decals cannot stick to the surface enough good.Applying the gloss clear varnish on the rough surfaces you make them much more smooth and then decals can stick to them much easier.The next step is to put a matt (flat) cote to preserve decals and make the surfaces flat again.

Here's my 1/35th Dragon Panther II that I finished about 10 years ago. Wait until you try doing a tank with individual tread links.......

I really should be working on my Nashorn.

tom

Attachments

• Panther II.jpg
    Panther II.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 105
I am just a DAT (dum a$$ tanker) but I love the road wheels, track and drive sprocket. It bring back some memories of the bird bath at the motor pool.

DBII
clank, clank

Ok guys no showin off the bad ass stuff you guys build (which is ABSOLUTLY incredible) i think this thread belongs to les and his boy. Guys i mean no disrespect but i would like to see Dan post a pic of how far along he is on this,and i want to know if his son is helping him. GOD FORBID HE'S TAKING ADVICE FROM LUCKY!!!! if so i will never ........I dont know what to do.....:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back