My First Attempt at Armour, The Panther Panzer KampfwagenV Ausf A....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Put some paint on a Tiger II on the weekend les, do you want them in your thread as I go along? or keep it separate..your call man.

Not my model but wanted to share with you!

Attachments

• pantherA-02.jpg
    pantherA-02.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 149
  • pantherA-06.jpg
    pantherA-06.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 127
  • pantherA-07.jpg
    pantherA-07.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 333
  • pantherA-09.jpg
    pantherA-09.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 137
Interesting scheme TT any reference to it!! Looks good.

Ok Les, here is the first shot having applied the overall dark Yellow (Tamiya XF-60) followed by the Red Brown (XF-64)...

Attachments

• Tiger_II_Second Colour_8516.JPG
    Tiger_II_Second Colour_8516.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Tiger_II_Second Colour_8514.JPG
    Tiger_II_Second Colour_8514.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Tiger_II_First Colour_8507.JPG
    Tiger_II_First Colour_8507.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 290
Third camo colour Olive green XF-58 to finish the main work. The Brown and the Green are full colour about a 50/50 paint and thinner mix, as you can see they are mottled on carefully to create the pattern but show differing thicknesses of application of the paint.

During this week at work I am using my lunch breaks to paint the tracks in a mix of Metallic Grey and Red Brown....pics on Sat'dy.

Attachments

• Tiger_II_Third Colour_8520.JPG
    Tiger_II_Third Colour_8520.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 303
  • Tiger_II_Third Colour_8522.JPG
    Tiger_II_Third Colour_8522.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 114
Remember, Dan, make it look dirty. As nizzer rightly said, no tank was clean. I'm sure some of them on the Eastern Front were so caked in dirt that it added to their armour protection ! :lol:

Remember, Dan, make it look dirty. As nizzer rightly said, no tank was clean. I'm sure some of them on the Eastern Front were so caked in dirt that it added to their armour protection ! :lol:

I think that no tank was clean bacause of Blitzkrieg and their later retreat.Simply German crews didn't have time to clean them. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back