My Gallery

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Picture1319jpgSepia-1-1.jpg

Dioramas as a one frame movie!
"What we wanted to do at the beginning of all this,was to show what happens when you take human beings and put them through hell,then wonder how in the world they will approach life when they come home".

Steven Spielberg on his new piece The Pacific.

I was reading this in my newspaper this morning and it struck me how similar his idea for making a 10- part mini series on the war in the Pacific, and my idea for my latest diorama "Loss Of Innocence,Will it Ever Be The Same" are alike.(We must be reading each others mail.)
This is exactly what I have been writing about recently on the power of the storyboard diorama as a one frame movie.
A movie tells a story in all its thrilling detail and action,on a big screen with music,dialogue etc... a diorama does the same but with one frame.That is the magic and the challenge of the storyboard diorama reducing it all to one frame and still tell a powerful story.Sometimes the story is even more powerful in diorama form because it is left up to the viewer to connect the dots in his mind.A movie lays it all out for you ,a diorama requires a little more imagination on your viewers part.
This is why I believe storyboard dioramas are as much an "Art "as any of the other visual media.

Getting an error on your photobucket link John. You may want to verify the link is correct.
Imgur they are all here no. Cheers! John.

A lot of posts at the beginning of this thread still list Photobucket for my images. I have long switched to Imgur and all my early posts still say Photobucket .I can't seem to change these early errors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back