My health and my RAF Diorama. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Ian
but take it easy, one step at a time (your health, I mean)
Is the diorama a commission, or just something for your own collection?

Hi Colin. No its not a Commission Build [wish it was though,money would come in handy] its just another dio' to go with my other big i've got :shock:

Thanks for the 'get wells' guys it sure bucks me up i'll tell you ! it's nice to know theres a few caring friends out there :)

Has anyone ever seen my other diorama i made years ago which consists of a control tower, 2 lancasters, bofors gun and tractor,hanger, one of the Lanc's is being refueled and one Lanc' is in a Hanger[well its half a Lancaster really :oops:

thanks guys.

ian.

Thanks for the 'get wells' guys it sure bucks me up i'll tell you ! it's nice to know theres a few caring friends out there :)

Has anyone ever seen my other diorama i made years ago which consists of a control tower, 2 lancasters, bofors gun and tractor,hanger, one of the Lanc's is being refueled and one Lanc' is in a Hanger[well its half a Lancaster really :oops:

thanks guys.

ian.

Glad we have helped in some small way Ian....take care mate!

can't remember the other dio....show us anyway!:D

Here you go guys :shock: The Lancaster on the Hardstanding is the old Revell Dambuster being re-fueled up with other vehicles around it, the Lanc' in the hanger is the Airfix job cut in half. Other stuff are mainly Airfix accessories.
I was pushed for space and thats why everything is on that square ! looks OK though don't it, the Hanger is all made from Card :)

Thanks for the interst guys :p

lancasterdio2009.gif

lancasterdio2008.gif

lancasterdio2007.gif

lancasterdio2006.gif

No offense meant, Ian, but your diaroma is secondary to your health, buddy. Truly am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you and your family make a full recovery. Best to you.

Oh... wrt your diaroma, WELL DONE!!!

I know where you are coming from mate, I buggered my back quite severly about 16 years ago (had just over a tonne of equipment fall on me). I was determined to get back on my feet again and I did. I can't run around like I used to and it still plays up even after the operations etc especially in the damp.
But losing your memory must be the hardest part, you can block out pain and there's some good meds that take everything away :D but there's nothing that can magically give you back your past.
I wish you a speedy recovery mate.
Oh and that tenner you owe me............
Gary

Oh and that tenner you owe me............Gary

Blimey thats £200 i owe upto press ! :oops: Sure do hope i regain my full memory quickly :lol:

I've done my back in as a result of lifting a steel 75kg bar from the floor to waist height at around 20 a shift and has completely destroyed 3 of my lower disc's so now i've got 4 vertibra's which are all banging together, that was after lifting the bar for 3 1/2 years and now i'm paining for it.

I'm sick of it and nothing can be really done, if it was only 1 disc ruined the doctors/surgens could have 'fused' together 2 vertibra's but it can't be done as there is more than 1 :twisted:

Thanks for the other kind comments guys, sure cheers me up :)

Regards.

ian.

Last edited:
Ian mate I wish you all the best. Bloody horrific what you've described mate. :)

Love your diorama's, really look the part. Especially the front lanc turret being unloaded from its crate, nice touch, also the material over the surfaces of the transported lanc to stop wear or damage from the securing ropes. Great detail.

Take care mate!

those dios look great Ian

I too wish you a speedy recovery, and perhaps a visit to see Just Jane taxi at East Kirkby would help :D magic merlins and all that 8)

All the best from Chris

Blimey thats £200 i owe upto press ! :oops: Sure do hope i regain my full memory quickly :lol:

I've done my back in as a result of lifting a steel 75kg bar from the floor to waist height at around 20 a shift and has completely destroyed 3 of my lower disc's so now i've got 4 vertibra's which are all banging together, that was after lifting the bar for 3 1/2 years and now i'm paining for it.

I'm sick of it and nothing can be really done, if it was only 1 disc ruined the doctors/surgens could have 'fused' together 2 vertibra's but it can't be done as there is more than 1 :twisted:

Thanks for the other kind comments guys, sure cheers me up :)

Regards.

ian.

Best wishes Ian! 8)

I know what you are going through, I had the same problem before my fusion...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Ian, I hope that you will recover soon. Excellent diorama, really nice change from the usual aircraft/groundcrew scenario! oops! I'd better change my plans now I've said that.

I'm sorry the hear about your medical condition. I hope that things start going better soon. Nice work on the diorama. I like the guys carrying the tire.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back