MY MISSION ( Fw 190 D-9 )

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Terry

some of the parts are the same for the fw 190 A-3 i have just completed, thats why i know what to do I.E paint etc.

So just ready for the build now.Then paint Wish i had the nerve to do a little bit of what you call it:?: shading :oops: But all i have is the standered paints by Revell :oops:.

Hi guys and girls

Here are some pics ( should finish the build part today ) as the interior was finished painted :D
Dora.jpg

Sorry the black paint on the controls is all over as i don't have a steady hand
Doras cockpit.jpg

close up doras cockpit.jpg

Nice Keith, however I think you could have taken an extra step in the cockpit, some dry brushing of the instrument panel to bring out the raised detail.(with Silver or another light colour)....just another step in the learning curve thats all....to assist with your improving work!:D

Thanks guys

I am not confedent enough to try dry brushing and all that washing stuff.

Hi guys

the colours i am thinking of doing are the two tone green ( as i have them colours, dark green and medium green :oops: ) what i used for the stuka model.

As i don't have the grey/violet colour that i have asked hot to mix it on the painting threads.

Think i have used the wrong canopy ( i have used the rounded one instead of the standard canopy ).:oops:

Managed to change the canopys with very little trouble.

Last edited:
You're getting better Keith. But I agree with Wayne, try pushing it just a bit, and experiment with dry-brushing. It's not nearly as hard as you think, and you'll be surprised at the results. One thing though, some of the paint being 'all over' as you say, I don't think is just your hands. Slow down a bit, take your time, especially on areas such as the cockpit. After, what, 2 days of building?, I wouldn't have expected to see the stage it's at at the moment, with the fuselage and wings together. The small details on cockpits that size are a bit tricky, and it's best to take it in stages. Maybe hold the cockpit tub at different angles, on the table, not inyour hand, so that you can brace your painting hand, with the wrist supported.
Different people have different speeds and techniques, but the cockpit on my Dora, the same kit, took me probably 3 or 4 hours to paint, probably more, waiting for the base colours to fully dry.
The same goes for the joints on the fuselage, and wings to fuselage. take your time, check the alignment, to ensure the joints line up and are as 'square' as you can get them. This will, in turn, minimize any filling and sanding, and make the painting of the model that much easier.
But, it's still looking good, streets ahead of the first couple of models you posted - good work mate.

Keith, I can't offer you any advice regarding the dry-brushing since I never done it myself, but would like to make few comments...
You are obviously getting better with modeling and as Terry wrote that is evident from your first posts on the forum up to this time. Also, you are evidently enthusiastic about the whole thing which is also great. However, one does get impression as if you were in some sort of a hurry to finish your every project as fast as you can. (For example, I have noticed that on several occasions with your previous models you said you forget to paint certain parts.) There is no need to repeat what Terry wrote, but do try to slow down a bit and work in stages.
Please understand my comments in well-meaning way as they are intended and continue the good work. :thumbright:

Last edited:
Keith, I can't offer you any advice regarding the dry-brushing since I never done it myself, but would like to make few comments...
You are obviously getting better with modeling and as Terry wrote that is evident from your first posts on the forum up to this time. Also, you are evidently enthusiastic about the whole thing which is also great. However, one does get impression as if you were in some sort of a hurry to finish your every project as fast as you can. (For example, I have noticed that on several occasions with your previous models you said you forget to paint certain parts.) There is no need to repeat what Terry wrote, but do try to slow down a bit and work in stages.
Please understand my comments in well-meaning way as they are intended and continue the good work. :thumbright:

Indeed, I agree with Imalko where model making is concerned slow and deliberate is the way to build.

I thought you might like to see this too:

190-D9 Recovery

Thanks for the link Paul.

And thanks guys for the kind words about slowing down :oops:

I am going to have to mix the colours for the Dora as i don't have the right paints :( as i only have revell paints i think it's going to be fun :lol:

Hi guys a update on the Dora-9

Mixed the reddy/brown and found a green near the colour on the pic on the side of the box :!:.

Painted 2 coats on,Just needs a little touch up, here and there.

I think i have put all the decals on:eek: waiting to put a clear coat on tommorrow then pics up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back