My Next Model, the Hasegawa Fw 190A-8...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just won it on Ebay for $13.00 bucks.... Been looking at examples/writeups online, looking for other ideas as to which way to build my second model.....

Pics are of the 2 I have a desire to decal it up with... First is the kit, second is Konrad "Pitt" Bauers kite, and third, the decal set up of Dortenmann included with the kit....

An idea that came to me was to do Erichs' Cousin's crate that went down on the slaughterday of JG300, but that was an A-9, not an A-8, so maybe a future model in the works????

Any other ideas are encouraged as to pilot/decal/camo/ideas/comments set up....

01.jpg

24.gif

2_71.jpg

Wurger, excellent find, didn't know a set was available!

Les, back to Ebay for a couple more A-8's man! Bauer, Dortenmann, A-8Sturm, A-9....? Your already too busy....for any other options!!

Looking forward to the build whatever you start with.

Any other ideas are encouraged as to pilot/decal/camo/ideas/comments set up....

I don't want to suggest anything but if I were you I would make the Fw190A8/R2 of 6.Sturm/JG300 flown by Uffz. Paul Lixfeldt at a Lobnitz airfield in 1944.Its camo pattern was RLM 74/75/76 and RLM81 on the front part of the fuselage.Armour plates were painted with RLM 02.Both its number "12" and name "Muschi" painted on the right plate were yellow.Certainly,there was a red band on the rear part of fuselage.On the engine cowling there was an emblem of "Wilde Sau".

The decals for the Wurger : Cutting Edge CED32069 decal sheet review
the pcis - source unknown.

Attachments

• Fw190A8 yellow 12_1.jpg
    Fw190A8 yellow 12_1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 475
  • Fw190A8 yellow 12_2.jpg
    Fw190A8 yellow 12_2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 822
Yea, I love that 190, have that skin on IL2 as well.... Very nice crate indeed, special and different......

fwa8er232fo_2.jpg

Dont know if I would choose that one tho.... I'd need to dig into my library and re-educate myself with some of the more notable pilots who flew the R2....

We'll see, but this one, Im gonna go with the standard A-8, with the Quad 20's...

Just got the email stating my model has been shipped... Should have it in 3-5 days....

I want to get a head start on the paints Im going to need..... Interior of cockpit??? Inside of wheel wells??? Landing gear??

I still havent made up my mind on which pilot to do.... I still think doin Bauers is different and "one off", so Im still leaning in that direction...

Bauer.jpg

Bauer2.jpg

Wurger said:
It is very hard to pick something up.
I dont understand that sentence Wurger....
How to help you with your choice?
State what ur personal favorite is??? I dunno, I think Im just thinking outloud with my keyboard....

Have u or anyone else here done the New Tool Hasegawa A-8??? These are all that I could find on this particualr kit being built, by professionals I might add....

Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-7 by Chris Wauchop and Brett Green (Hasegawa 1/32)
Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8 by Carsten Christ (Hasegawa 1/32)
Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8 by Chris Wauchop (Hasegawa 1/32)
Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8 by Anis El Bied (Hasegawa 1/32)
Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8 by Ian Robertson (Hasegawa 1/32)
Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8 by Jerry Crandall (Hasegawa 1/32)
Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8/R2 by Franck Oudin (Hasegawa 1/32)
Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190A-8 by Tom Cleaver
Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190A-8/R-8 by Tom Cleaver

I dont understand that sentence Wurger....

:oops: ....Propably I've again used unproper verb.It should be it " it is not easy to make a decision which one".Sorry for that.

State what ur personal favorite is??? I dunno, I think Im just thinking outloud with my keyboard....

My favourite Fw190A8... OK.
1."Black 8" A-8/R8 of IV.(Sturm)/JG3 flown by Uffz.Willi Maxomovitz 1944,
2."White 14" A-8/R8 of Sturmstaffel 1 flown by Uffz. Oskar Bosch 1944,
3."White 11" A-8/R2 of5.(sturm)/JG4 flown by Gefr.Walter Wagner 1945.

This book can be useful for modelling.There is another one but I cannot recall myself where I've seen it.

Attachments

• modelling Fw190A _F_G.jpg
    modelling Fw190A _F_G.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 281

Users who are viewing this thread

Back