MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. My oldest daughter works at the local golf course and sent me this...

Lots of them around town this year. Two nights ago we had one walk past our house about 200ft. away.

Geo

Last edited:
Pretty good sized black bear, there!

My Mom has Black bears, Mountain Lions, Foxes and Bobcats that come by the house all the time. My stepdad has decided to put food out for the little woodland critters, which in turn brings the deer down, which in turn attracts the big critters with the sharp pointy teeth.

So it pays to look around in the evening, if one wants to step outside to have a smoke...

It'll get better in a few weeks. Mackenzie was built near a Rocky Mountain Trench grizzly bear migration route. Though not as common in town as when I first moved here due to the fact that an electric fence was built surrounding the garbage dump, the odd one is still spotted around town. A few hours after my daughter finished her shift, her aunt(who owns the pro shop) sent this photo...

Geo

Finally!!!! The new camp is open and we got a chance to tour it before my last night shift last night. Photos are from my cell so not that good. The kitchen and dining areas...

Part of the gym..

Check in...

Rooms...

...with regards to the bathroom. In the last camp, the room was as wide as your average house hallway and you shared it with someone in the next room. In two years I have had the worst luck sharing the crapper. Guys would constantly forget to unlock my access door, leave the lights and fan on so you don't know if anyone is in there and worst of all, a few would urinate on the floor or toilet seat. So after twenty seven months, a private bathroom is going to be heaven. The hallway...

I wish I had used my Canon instead of my phone for this shot...

Geo

I'd be very interested to see them Andy. Feel free to post them. The first logging camp I was in, in '75, you shared a room with another guy. Each bunkhouse holding 40 men had 6 shower stalls, 4 crappers and a wringer washer/dryer. During my first 10 and 2 shift, I had 3 different roommates.

Geo

looks better than the hotel i work in Geo !

Karl, someone said the rooms were modeled after an upscale hotel room which I'm thinking was a Delta hotel. Our original caterers were supposed to be from the Delta hotel chain but the camp was delayed forever and we are keeping E.S.S. catering for six more months.

Geo

This is what I dealt with for the first five days of my tour, the road(?) is supposed to be level with the bottom of my bullhorn headlight. You can see by the cone that the foreman realized the error of his ways in that you can't make a road on top of mud, and closed the road...

...this was yesterday, 7 inches/17.7cms...

...Two days ago I asked for snow tires and a serrated blade so I could spread crush on the roads. I started the day with 6 bald summer tires and a straight blade.

Geo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread