MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

saw video of the Mars on the news last night but didn't know if it was stock or current .... I thought they were retired with one going to the US Naval air museum .... thoughts are with you ... we've been blessed with ample rain and up at the cabin it's still dropping to lows of 10 - 8 at night.

Love your shots.

Chairs

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the fire situation up there, Geo...we've been VERY fortunate so far this year, with bery little water and higher than usual temps.

We just had a series of thunderstorms pass through, however, they came with high amounts of precipitation and beleive it or now...snow!

So any potential hotspots were doused at the point of ignition...on a side note: a terrible forest fire we had last September is still smouldering with underground hotspots and they hope this heavy rain will bank it again.

Be careful up there and I hope you get some of this rain to help knock down some of those fires!

We have the same problems with idiot drone operators here Merv. Some old photos I found on the company site, better than I could take...

A - The pit, about 300 meters deeper now. This will extend down to "C" and off to the West or left in the photo.
B - The dam, starting at 1 and ending at 2, 11kms long. 1 will actually begin just above "C" but that's in the future.
C - The Crusher. Pulverizes the ore bearing rocks, some the size of V.W.s down to about 15-20cm, 6"-8".
D - The Plant; further crushing reduces the ore down to a concentrated size of around 75 microns. This is then shipped over-seas to have the metals extracted. The other blue roofed builds to the
right are the shop and administration building
E - The old camp, down to 4 trailers now to accommodate contractors.
F - New camp location, up and running since last October.

Reverse shot of the mine. Most of the low lying area is now under water. The dam is designed so that the water is forced to the South, or left side of the photo, and recycled back to the plant.

The Crusher. An old photo, all construction stopped two and a half years ago.

Geo

Last edited:
Agreed. The company chose this route as they didn't want to introduce cyanide and other harsh chemicals into the tailings pond. We became "Green" and this fast tracked the permits. I think there may have been budget issues as well. Personally, I would rather have seen the extra jobs involved with the extraction process.

Geo

That is one hell of a mine site Geo. We also have problems with mining this side of the world, many of the mines do their own ore extracting and subsequently create hazardous chemical ponds which is okay if handled properly, but this is the tail end of the business and with some rouge companies, corners are cut for profit reasons and then it is the environment and in a number of cases, communities that suffer. So maybe in a way, your being green is not such a bad thing.

I should point out George, no offence meant and I hope none taken.

Users who are viewing this thread