MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents. This is my first foray into the dark-side(An awful lot to learn). 2015hrs, -10°C/14°F, foggy and the hoar frost is starting to return. Out of 10 shots, this is the only one that is half decent. Time to read the manual and remember a flashlight when it's dark.

003.JPG

Geo

Thanks gentlemen....back to the pit. The company has decided to build a secondary crusher and get rid of the contracted one saving millions per year. This crusher makes tennis ball sized rock as opposed to the slightly larger than a baseball size the primary crusher makes and produces a better blend and recovery in the plant. Ready in the fall and I hope to be working here. Early construction...

IMG_2015.JPG

When I started almost 4 years ago, the mine elevation started at 1120 meters above sea level. The pit floor is now at 940 and we are now in the process of widening out...

IMG_2017.JPG

...top arrow is a haul truck heading to the basement and the lower arrow shows the pit floor for now. They believe the bottom will be another 100 meters deeper and then the ore will peter out.

I was on haul truck on the second to last day of my shift and was sent down to the basement to load off the 994. As soon as I saw all the water I knew someone was going to get a flat as water exposes the sharp point edges of the rock more so than if its surrounded by dirt. Well sir, I got my first flat tire in 7yrs of driving. A new tire costs about $42,500 US.

IMG_2014.JPG

Empty heading to the basement The position of the truck is just to the left of the top arrow in the panorama pic above. A loaded truck takes just over 6 minutes to crawl from the bottom to the top of the pit. 1st gear all the way, about 12k/ph.The top of the pit being the extreme right in the panoramic pic

IMG_2003.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back