MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting series of shots. Thanks for sharing !

Went to Kamloops to visit No. 2 daughter for a few days and traveled Highways 16 & 5 for the first time: highly recommend this route as an alternate to Highway 97 . Took some potato quality photos with my phone(why bring the Canon says I). This is the first time I've seen the Rockies in 6 years.

These were taken in the village of Valemount. The wife says this is now on the short-list for retirement. My short-list only includes ocean and golf course...gonna miss her.

The nice thing about these highways is there is not a lot of traffic, Highway 97 being the main route, so one can stop at will and take photos.

The C-in-C of the front seats does not like photos of her taken so any that I do get are taken Kamikaze style though most of the time I get shot down

My ride at a card-lock gas pump in McBride. A shame that Ford won't be making these any more

"These were taken in the village of Valemount. The wife says this is now on the short-list for retirement. My short-list only includes ocean and golf course...gonna miss her."

AMEN brother... my wife wanted to move back north when we retire, I told her perhaps her second husband will enjoy that.

I'll stay right here on the Gulf Coast thank you.

P.S. C'mon down some time Geo, we got plenty of both ocean and golf courses.

Those are beautiful shots. Kinda reminds me of the Sierras a little closer to where I live down here in southern California.

Thanks guys. This is how I spent my first six night shifts.......

....and how I started my last night shift....

....grader #3 was already dead and grader #1 followed me to the shop 20 minutes later

They don't seem to be that organized here Andy. The hydraulic cylinders(arrow) mount broke on dayshift causing it to rotate 90°, stripping the wiring from the solenoids at the bottom of each cylinder. A quick check in stores inventory showed none in stock but there was one in Edmonton and one in Spokane, Washington. This requires a very expensive hotshot. As the mechanic and his boss pondered the length of time for the hotshots arrive I suggested robbing grader 3 as it will be dead for a week or more. Total down time...90 minutes as opposed to 2-3 days

Users who are viewing this thread