MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This morning #1 daughter told us that she had heard there were fossils close to the highway north of here so loaded up wife, #1 daughter and grandkid and headed north, destination, Mt Solitude Lodge. This is on the other side of the Pine Pass. At the lodge we asked a guy about the fossils and he said go back about a quarter mile, go under the overpass and park on the left (1). We crossed the road and climbed up the back and the fossils were along the side of the train tracks (second photo #4). The first photo shows roughly where we found the fossils (3). When done we crossed over the highway on the train tracks and came down the proper trail (2)

My booty. There could have been a full T-Rex skeleton there but I wouldn't know what to look for

On the way home we stopped for lunch at Azouzetta Lake and I had the best Poutine in my life. My truck in the foreground

This is a zoom of the rock formation high over the restaurant

Great photos George, great find and amazing geology.

Doesn't seem to be an issue in this location Andy. It's been on social media for years and it might just be that the only thing found here to date are seashells. That and when a train goes by, there is only about 6' between the train and the high-wall. I know that because one went by us as we were searching

Users who are viewing this thread