My WW2 photos/Vids album

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That pic can't be real surely..? Even if we give the pilot the benefit of the doubt and say he just didnt notice a guy clinging onto the tail of his a/c, surely he would have noticed there wwas something amiss with the planes handling. And idk about you but if i was that crewman hanging onto the rudder for dear life i would have jumped/let go as soon as the a/c's tail started to lift up on take off. Lets hope that spit pilot didnt do any victory rolls or flat spin and stall tests. Lol. That's quite bizarre.......

suppose you were joking with this post as well
Seeing as it is a well known scouse soap actress not Flt. Lt. Juliette Fleming ?
Actually i was, and your wrong. It's Claire Sweeney who used to be in Brookside..... This is exactly what i was talking about before. Do i really need to spell out every detail when making a joke or being sarcastic. Jeez, lighten up already....

The pic of the person on the tail of the Spitfire in flight appears to be a photo montage - but it did happen !
Aircraft Woman Margaret Horton was holding down the tail during engine run-up, when the pilot took off. He soon noticed, and did a very careful circuit and landing, and Miss Horton survived without harm.
The aircraft concerned was Spitfire Mk.Vb, AB910, still flying with the RAF BBMF.

Actually i was, and your wrong. It's Claire Sweeney who used to be in Brookside..... This is exactly what i was talking about before. Do i really need to spell out every detail when making a joke or being sarcastic. Jeez, lighten up already....
pray tell, where was i wrong ?

Claire Sweeney from Liverpool is not a scouser ?
brookside is not a soap opera ?
it was really Flt. Lt. Juliette Fleming ?

just asking

Tornado HG641 with Centaurus radial engine at Langley. Im guessing prototype....
View attachment 496429
Interesting. Never saw one of those. Looks a bit like a Fokker D.XXI with retractable gear, doesn't it?

It seems to be the third prototype

Users who are viewing this thread