Need Help/Advice

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

P47RCFlyer

Banned
Feb 4, 2013
Hello all,
Without going into a ton of details. I located what i believe to be a very large cache of WWII/Korean War planes, engines and a great deal of other base equipment still buried at the original base site. I spoke to the College University that now owns the entire facility. They are VERY interested in the evidence i have, they have been looking for years and have yet to locate the cache. I located it back in 1994. Since that day i have kept it a secret until recently. I was told by an eyewitness from back then (passed away a long time ago) that there is a complete P-51 and a couple RR engines in this hole not to mention some T-33's and who knows what else.

My question is this:
Before i play my hand and give them the goods. How to do i protect myself as to ensure i walk away with something of value and something i want. What are the legal steps i need to take to make sure i'm not taken advantage of in this case???

Thanks,
GM

Last edited:
What kind of lawyer would handle something like this?

Someone who specializes in property law? Seems to me like whomever owns the property also owns all that is on it, unless they've agreed to a "finders fee" of sorts. That'd be my guess, at any rate.

Yes, i have sat on it for all these years. Due to moving from the area, kids, family, jobs and life in general i never had time to stay with it. I broke the news to the property owners yesterday and they are EXTREMELY interested. I did not tell them anything only that i have evidence and can show them proof of the buried cache. I did explain briefly that i will not release my info to them unless i am protected and will have access to parts of the recovered items. I understand it is "their" property but it is my info. Without my info they will more than likely not find it. They have been searching for this cache for 20+ years that i know of myself. They have employed the latest technology and resources only to find nothing. I found the site based on endless determination, research, maps, talking to witnesses that are not deceased and so on.

I'm going to leave the ball in their court at this point. I will get in touch with a lawyer in the meantime. I will also keep posting as this processes. I'm sure when it is unearthed there will be a local news story on it. This cache has been highly sought after from my understanding.

I have a legal adviser in place now. I have had a couple conference calls with the property owner. The next step is to locate a 3rd party origination who is willing to get involved and recover these artifacts. The
property owner is unwilling to finance the operation. They will give consent to excavate with a 3rd party organization doing it. Anyone know who i can talk to that would be interested?

Thanks,

Again, it really doesn't matter; the U.S. Government will reclaim their property and not even say "Thank you", for the effort. There is no "Private Property" when it comes to that.
The best you could hope for is a book deal, "My hunt for"...
But I think you already know that.
Otherwise, why would you be fishing around on a site like this?
Surely, someone clever enough to keep a major find like this secret, that now needs a "Third party" is being disingenious.
What you want, is someone to give you money.
Personal opinion, but I think you are a scam artist, and not a very good one at that.
My apologies to the Mods, but this is what I think.

Again, it really doesn't matter; the U.S. Government will reclaim their property and not even say "Thank you", for the effort. There is no "Private Property" when it comes to that.
The best you could hope for is a book deal, "My hunt for"...
But I think you already know that.
Otherwise, why would you be fishing around on a site like this?
Surely, someone clever enough to keep a major find like this secret, that now needs a "Third party" is being disingenious.
What you want, is someone to give you money.
Personal opinion, but I think you are a scam artist, and not a very good one at that.
My apologies to the Mods, but this is what I think.

Not trying to be rude but i don't give a sh_t what you think about me or who i am meathead. I have seen the stuff, i know it is there and i will get it recovered. Your just another typical nay sayer that i just kick to the curb. I'm looking for a legitimate 3rd party to get involved, not your opinion! If you think i am such a BS'er, then give Texas A&M a call and talk to the Riverside Campus director. I'm quite sure he give you the facts just as i have except that you probably wouldn't believe him either. Not that it's any of your concern but, i was "fishing around this site" because i was attending the Police Academy at this former air base that TAMU now owns lock stock and barrel! Little do you know, the government does not hold rights to this property, TAMU purchased the entire property including everything above and below ground. I have already spoken to the directors of TAMU and they have clarified that the government will have no claim to this! How about before popping off at the mouth next time you get your facts straight first????? and that sir is what i think!

Let's call it a draw. I too doubt your story but will hold short of calling you a scam artist. As for your reply, I understand it, but do not condone it. I highly caution you to refrain from further insulting members.

Thread closed. Please take this topic elsewhere on the internet. We wish to have no part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back