NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well aware of past NFL history too, but I consider the Super Bowl to be the true test, when the AFC and NFC Champions go head to head.

Very true, but let's let them get #7 before we start talking about 8. Packers are a good team I think, they'll come to play. Hopefully whatever way the game goes, hope it is not a blowout. Would like to watch a real nail biter Super Bowl Sunday.

Very true Messy. I think this game will be decided on the line. Both offensive lines are average at best and both defensive lines are very, very good. It's which one will make the least amount of mistakes and which one can establish the run the best.

Steelers last superbowl victory over Arizona was about as close as you can get.

I just read that 48 year old Hershel Walker wants to make an NFL comeback and would like to play for either the Vikings or Falcons. Hey, at least this time the Vikings wouldn't have to trade a half dozen players and several draft choices for him;(
Worste trade in NFL history!!!

p.s. Those draft picks led to the Cowboys being able to draft Emmitt Smith and a couple other top players.

Last edited:
H. Walker...

Come on, he can't be serious? I don't care how in shape you are, at 48 your body will not be able to take the beating an NFL running back takes.

Here's the article:

Herschel back in purple?
Posted by Judd Zulgad

Last update: January 25, 2011 - 6:17 PM

89 Comments Add comment Print
Email Tweet 0diggsdiggCloseShare As if this season wasn't tough enough on Vikings fans, now Herschel Walker's name has come up out of nowhere.

The former Vikings running back, who competes as a professional mixed martial artist, told ESPN that he's considering a return to the NFL and that he would like to play in either Minnesota or Atlanta. Walker is 48 years old.

"I've told everyone that at 50 I might try football again to show people I can do that," Walker said (per ESPN) during a conference call to promote his upcoming fight on Saturday in San Jose. "I want to be the George Foreman of football, come back and do that one more time. ... The two teams I would come back to play for are Minnesota or Atlanta. It would probably be Atlanta because that's home for me."

Walker's name brings back a flood of memories of one of the worst trades in sports history. The deal between the Cowboys and Vikings on Oct. 12, 1989, involved 18 players and draft picks. It was the largest trade in NFL history. The Vikings gave up five players, three of them defensive starters, and eight draft picks, including three in the first round, three in the second and one in the third.

Walker played for the Vikings through the 1991 season before going to Philadelphia and, of course, never helped deliver a Super Bowl to Minnesota. The Cowboys, meanwhile, turned into an NFL power in part because of all the draft picks they obtained from the Vikings.
Walker's MMA appearance will be his second. He is 1-0 and credits the training he has done with keeping him in football shape. "I'm a much better-conditioned athlete now than when I was playing football," he said. "I'm 48 and in better shape now than I was when I was in my early 20s, playing football."

Herschel back in purple? | StarTribune.com

Somebody does need to shut this guy up. Again players are role models for our children, whether they want to be or not. When you start threatening other players with acts of violence, what kind of message does that send out.

Antonio Cromartie needs to shut his yap. Sure I guess he has a right to be a bit mad about what Hasselbeck said, but you don't go about it this way. If I was the Jets leadership, I would take action about him now. Of course we know no Jets leadership will do such a thing.

Anyhow here is what was said to Hasselbeck, you can read the rest of the article on your own and why he said it:

"hey Matt if u have something to then say it be a man about it. Don't erase it. I will smash ur face in."

New York Jets' Antonio Cromartie won't back off critical union talk - ESPN New York

:lol: :lol:

I think the Jets are picking up Nnamdi Asomugha anyway. Cro is a free agent so he isn't a Jet at the moment.

But Hasselback took a shot first asking if Cromartie knew what CBA meant.

More tidbits on Cutler, after the game he and his gfriend went to a restaurant, Had to walk 2 flights of stairs to get there,made it no problem, then Wed he's out strolling(shopping with his gfriend) and video shows no limp,gimp,whatever in his walk. Think its the last nail in the coffin for him reputation wise.

I hadn't heard that about Cutler. Interesting.

The part that did it for me is the training staff should have very easily diagnosed the injury on the sideline. At a minimum, they should have had an icepack for 15-30 minutes, then follow that up with a compression wrap to minimize the swelling.

But there was nothing.....

:lol: :lol:

I think the Jets are picking up Nnamdi Asomugha anyway. Cro is a free agent so he isn't a Jet at the moment.

But Hasselback took a shot first asking if Cromartie knew what CBA meant.

It really is not funny. He is a thug in my opinion and does not deserve to play football. A war of words is one thing, to threaten violence is another.

A real team and fans would not support this either.

As for Asomugha, it would definately be an upgrade for the Jets (or any team that gets him). I personally do not think the Jets are going to get him though. I believe his price tag will be too high for them.

I think your right about Asomugha. I just hope the Cowslobs don't get him. Hey, he is in Oakland......why not just move across the bay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back