NJACO's Crazy, Amazing, Jaw-Dropping Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alright, F###it. I've heard that just one too many times. I love that saying. I own it now. It's mine.

Astonishing Vietnam War photos reveal the moment U.S. troops unleashed hell on Viet Cong sniper in hills above an Army camp

Vietnam War photos reveal moment U.S. troops unleashed hell on Viet Cong sniper in hills above an Army camp | Mail Online

A Vietnam War veteran has released incredible night-time photographs he took of American troops opening fire on a Viet Cong sniper who had been firing on a U.S. Army camp. For more than four decades, photographer James Speed Hensinger kept these incredible photographs to himself, not releasing them to the public until now. Hensinger was just a 22-year-old paratrooper with the 173rd Airborne Brigade in April 1970 when a Viet Cong sniper began spraying automatic rifle fire on Hensinger's base in Phu Tai, near the coastal city of Da Nang. The following night, Hensinger set up his Nikon FTN camera to take long exposures to capture the firefight. Each shot includes 15 to 60 seconds of gunfire. When the Viet Cong sniper began shooting, the Americans unleashed hell.

Opening salvo: The assault on the sniper's position begins with rounds fired from the 40mm auto-cannons on an M42 anti-aircraft tank
sniper40.jpg

The soldiers then launched flares into the hills, as a pair of M-60 machine guns in guard towers began pelting the woods with hot lead. The machine gun's tracer bullets can be seen in red
sniper50.jpg
sniper46.jpg
sniper47.jpg

An M42 self-propelled anti-aircraft gun began pouring cannon and machine gun fire into the hills above the camp.
sniper40.jpg
sniper41.jpg
sniper52.jpg
sniper53.jpg

James Speed Hensinger was a 22-year-old soldier when he set his Nikon camera to take long exposures. He didn't know what to expect when he sent the film off to be developed. What he got back is nothing short of incredible.The sniper was never found, though soldiers did discover traces of blood when they searched the area the next day.
sniper55.jpg

Nice photos. But I have to say that it appears that they are lighting up two different hilltops and some tracers are more than a few thousand mils off. Easy for me to say, but the other thread about the mad minute kinda makes sense here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back