No rest for the War Weary

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am really impressed with the amount of work going into this, and the other models that people have done here. I certainly don't have the eyes, or the patience for it. But then, What I create typically happens in the fraction of a second.

Last night I spent a little time with the Green Hornet. Its at the stage where I need to close up the top turret.

Using some thin plastic Evergreen I set forth making a new roof for the inside of the turret.

Taking into consideration the contore of the interior the model I need to make the plastic wide enough to sit in these tracks on both sides of the fuselage

I also had to notch out the piece to fit into this space in the bomb bay bulkhead

Cut to fit

Sliding into place

In place

Next I applied some glue and pressed the plastic to the contore of the interior roof. Now I need to make a disk (again out of Evergreen) that matches the thickness of the fuselage. Using the top turret and a gauge I was able to get the right size I would need for the incert.

Using a compass scribe I was able to cut out the disk with ease

Next will come the filling and reshaping of the roof line.

Thanks for looking

Holey Moley DP! That's a fair gap in the nose section, Well done to get it sorted.

I captured a couple of stills from a movie I was watching that just could be your bird - is this the one?

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• green Hornet 001.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 77
  • green hornet 002.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 83
great photos Peter, that's the one. Where did you get those from?

It was a series called "WWII in HD", from the History Channel . Supposedly all in colour to, but there were a few artificial colour clips thrown in. Great watch for the footage, although typically it sometimes didn't match up with the events being discussed. You could possibly catch it on cable or get it on DVD.

Cheers

Peter

Last night we sealed up the top turret on the Green Hornet.

Today we close up the ball turret

Using the same technique as with the top turret I cuta piece of Evergreen plastic to the same with as the piece that would have held the ball turret in place.

Here is the view from through the radio room

Once everything has been checked the evergreen was glued into place and the area filled with Squadrons Green putty. Tonight it should be ready to be sanded and shaped

Thanks for looking

For those that are following you may remember way back on the first page of this thread that i showed you some work on another war weary bird. A 1/144 scale B-24 that's called Stripped Ape II. Here is the progress on that project.

Yesterday I was finally able to track down the paint color I needed for my 1/144 B-24. Here's where it took me...

The paint, Maroon by Floquil

Here is where we left the B-24 last time. Overall yellow and masked for the maroon stripes

So it begins

The unveiling

Thanks for looking

Users who are viewing this thread