Norwegian Armed Forces Aircraft Collection

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am seriously a bit jealous. Like I said in another thread, I am an A&P, so I want to see if I can volunteer my serviced in helping restore old warbirds when I return to the states.

Dang, Junkers....you do this full-time, or is it a part-time volunteer thing? I'm thinkin it might be a good idea to donate some of my Saturdays to the (relatively) local air museum over in Addison...

Also, whaz the story with the white-walled tires? I've never heard that one...

it started out 12 years ago as a volenteer and now i am the project manager on the restoration of the Ju 88 a1 we salvaged and also in charge of the preservation and "updates" ( add-on of missing parts ) and completion of other german aircrafts and WW2 equioment we have in the museum

the story on the whitewall..hehe
read this but i must warn you..it may sound far off and fetch..but when you get further out in the thread..you will see and understand the whole thing..and all german aircrafts had white wall rear tires for a very good reason :)

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/luftwaffes-whitewall-tires-19255.html

I am seriously a bit jealous. Like I said in another thread, I am an A&P, so I want to see if I can volunteer my serviced in helping restore old warbirds when I return to the states.

beeing a volunteer might take you places you never imagined.. but it all depends on how much volenteer one is..we have many that comes and go..we always start by telling them to start cleaning the floor..if they are really dedicated they do so.. and advance..i started myself cleaning hangarfloors and dusting of the aircrafts :) and a A&P..well..that is a good thing as people with skills are always needed :)

keep up that thought :) today i have mostely worked on the Ju 88 trimtab systems.. just the main box has taken a whole day to take apart and put back togheter in working condition. and the rods and those #"¤% conections are up next..they are timeconsuming :)

Attachments

• trimtab 001.jpg
    trimtab 001.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 117
  • trimtab 003.jpg
    trimtab 003.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 90
  • trimtab 002.jpg
    trimtab 002.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 89
beeing a volunteer might take you places you never imagined.. but it all depends on how much volenteer one is..we have many that comes and go..we always start by telling them to start cleaning the floor..if they are really dedicated they do so.. and advance..i started myself cleaning hangarfloors and dusting of the aircrafts :) and a A&P..well..that is a good thing as people with skills are always needed :)

keep up that thought :) today i have mostely worked on the Ju 88 trimtab systems.. just the main box has taken a whole day to take apart and put back togheter in working condition. and the rods and those #"¤% conections are up next..they are timeconsuming :)

Hells bells GF, move the museum here and I will sweep floors and dust aircraft. Just to be close to some of the aircraft in your museum would be a privilege.

i think its easier for you to move than moving the whole museum..hehe
its 38 aircrafts and equipment..that si not easily moved :)

i think its easier for you to move than moving the whole museum..hehe
its 38 aircrafts and equipment..that si not easily moved :)

Ahhh come on, with that many aircraft you should be able to transport the musuem any where around the world. :D The hard part is getting them in the air and back down in one piece. :oops:

hehe

weeeeeeeeeeeel..many of the birds are flyers.. but we dont fly them as they are national heritage and are destined to be preserved for the future :)

latest work on the Ju 88 stab. done by a proffesional metalsheet worker. the leading edge was a "total loss " before he started on it..also the stringers inside ( note before and after )
its good to have a magician with us on this project :)

Attachments

• parts 017.jpg
    parts 017.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 118
  • internal details (7).jpg
    internal details (7).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 101
  • leading edge work (3).jpg
    leading edge work (3).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 96
  • diverse 004.jpg
    diverse 004.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 120
  • taking parts.JPG
    taking parts.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 130
How'd I miss this? VERY VERY cool!!! 8) :D :thumbleft:

Kept up the great work! ( volunteer restorer of a DH.98 Mossie myself)

please post some pics of the mossie pal :) would love to see :)

and glad i could make you smile aron..hehe

a few more.. and the caption should read something like..
what the he** these things are as outdated as a T-65 landspeeder.. the 101st spaceborn legion has taken over the museum.. lol

Attachments

• 101st spaceborne legion 035.jpg
    101st spaceborne legion 035.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 79
  • top turret gunner in action.jpg
    top turret gunner in action.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back