Norwegian Armed Forces Aircraft Collection (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Loadstar was flown in back in 1996 and preserved and repainted

well..they gave US the whole C-130 and since we wnated it we did the job..hehe but they did come and help and actually mounted a couple of the engines ..as we was a bit confused there.. but after a couple we were left to do the rest. we have 37 aircrafts in our museum ( that is at gardermoen ) but with the museum up north in bodø and the one down south in stavanger ( its about 80 aircrafts or more..several aircrafts are on loan here and there ) but a special thanks go to the groundcrew on 335 Sqd for all the help with the C-130

here is a few pictures of the inside of the C-47 since we are on the transport topic. it has a long history ( made in 1944 ) took part in the D-day.. after the war it took part in the berlin airlift before it was sold to Norway and grounded in the early 70`s ( was in Kongo and a lot of other places during its time in the AF ) and been preserved since !
the funny thing is that somebody has written on the main id tag from the manufaturer on the delivery date " NEVER " so it was newer delivered but it sure saw action and had a long life..hehe

Attachments

• aircrafts from gardermoen 113.jpg
    aircrafts from gardermoen 113.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 140
  • cockpits for book 021.jpg
    cockpits for book 021.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 135
  • diverse 010.jpg
    diverse 010.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 130
  • diverse 011.jpg
    diverse 011.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 116
  • diverse 018.jpg
    diverse 018.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 130
last update from the musem..the Flak 38 wagon has now been restored..and also a couple of luftwaffe fueldrums..
small things that needed to be done..the Flak 38 will soon follow mounted on the trolley :)

some might complain that we actually painted over the original drum and paint..but the rest of the drum BADELY needed a full tretment from corrosion..so the whole drum was glassbeaded to save it ..and to restore the rest of the drum and keep the lid original it would just look plain stupid.. and we did two drums in once ( both luftwaffe fueldrums ( B4 are bomber fuel.. Me 109 and fighters in the early war used C 3 fuel )

Attachments

• restoration 003.jpg
    restoration 003.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 77
  • restoration 002.jpg
    restoration 002.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 88
  • restoration 001.jpg
    restoration 001.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 90
  • parts 011.jpg
    parts 011.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 88
  • drums 003.jpg
    drums 003.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
well..you found it now pal. and i hope you enjoy the pictures :)

here is the flak 38 wagon before restoration..64 years outside did its toll.. and also the numbers of layers of paint from ww2 ( that help preserved it ) one can clearly see the different colours used

we went for the first original black/grey antrasit armour paint from 1940 :) and after some research we also found out what flakgroups took part in the invasion of Norway so we decided to go for flakregiment 79 ( the bird in the shield )

Attachments

• flak 38 arrived (1).jpg
    flak 38 arrived (1).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 101
  • div 007.jpg
    div 007.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 103
Sometimes it's neat just pealing away the layers of material and debris to see whats underneath it all isn't it?:cool:

Thanks guys :oops: and yes..i just love that part..and then bringing them back to their former glory :) its really rewarding in its own way. the flak itself has been on display for some time also..BUT with the norwegian colours painted on after the war..so it is now undergoing full restoration ( dismanteled it today ) so it can go on display with the trolley as it was back in 1940 :)

Attachments

• 20mm flak.jpg
    20mm flak.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 109
  • restoration 030.jpg
    restoration 030.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 113
Hey, the Ju 88 has a white walled tire - and I know what it means from this board!

:) :) keeping track here in here i see :)

and yes..that i forgot in between al the other projects going on..we also got a PT-26 in a little while ago ( been on another museum in oslo for ages and it was transfeered to us ) it was on of the originals used in Canada during WW2 to train norwegian pilots in camp Little Norway ( Ontario )

here i am trying to sort out the last small fairings after it was put back togheter..just to bad that somebody stole the pitot tube when it was stored in parts.. maybe anybody can help ?
its now on display next to the Pt-19. they do make a lovely pair :)

I will get a few more shots of this bird one of the following days if it is of any interest :)

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 103
Your pics of the C130 seats brought back nasty memories of going deaf/insane stuck in one for hours. RAF didn't bother with soundproofing.

Your pics of the C130 seats brought back nasty memories of going deaf/insane stuck in one for hours. RAF didn't bother with soundproofing.

hope your ears has recovered..i spend two days in one ( from Norway to usa..via-Icland-keflavik-Thule-St.John and then Joseph AFB )
that drove me insane :) dont think i ever recovered :)

Dang, Junkers....you do this full-time, or is it a part-time volunteer thing? I'm thinkin it might be a good idea to donate some of my Saturdays to the (relatively) local air museum over in Addison...

Also, whaz the story with the white-walled tires? I've never heard that one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back