Norwegian Armed Forces Aircraft Collection

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well..i dont see flying warbirds passing by my house like you do Midcrow..hehe
here is a picture of the Flak 20 wagon dismanteled..one can clearly see the different colours it has had over the years.
when sandblasted it will be painted in the black/grey early war year colours..and also one update from the Ju 88 cockpit. working on the controlcolumn and all the rods going from it.. getting that back in order. and a snapshot from the bottom gondola and the progress on that.. still a long way to go on that part.. but installing and testfitting of parts is needed ( its still in primer yellow ) and just had the leathercushions made ( the internal rubbercushions are original..it just needed new outer "skin" )

Attachments

• div 006.jpg
    div 006.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 115
  • div 007.jpg
    div 007.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 120
  • div 008.jpg
    div 008.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 112
  • div 013.jpg
    div 013.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 116
  • div 015.jpg
    div 015.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 112
well..i dont see flying warbirds passing by my house like you do Midcrow..hehe

Ok you got me there, I get to see a few fly by for 7 days. You get to work on them every day :lol: though the T-28 formation sounds like its going to be good. EAA announced they are expecting 40 of them.

The Junkers Ju-88 is really coming to shape now. You guys have been busy. What year is it expected to be on display if I may ask.

thats true..hehe
anyway..we have no timelimit on the Ju 88..it will take the time it takes as its a one shoot restoration.. we want it to be done right with all details as it were in 1940. so when its done..its done.. no sooner or later :)

and one for you midcrow..how it looked before we started restoration..fresh out of the water..so you cans ee how it has progressed the last 4 years :)

Attachments

• salvage and arrival 138.jpg
    salvage and arrival 138.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 99
and a few more,,so..we have come some way down the road..but it will take the time it takes..and thank god we dont have a limit hanging over us :) so that means i can play with the other stuff as well like the Ju 52, He 111 and as you know other things :)

Attachments

• salvage and arrival 137.jpg
    salvage and arrival 137.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 102
  • salvage and arrival 139.jpg
    salvage and arrival 139.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 104
  • salvage%20and%20arrival%20136.jpg
    salvage%20and%20arrival%20136.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
sorry..tha one got a bit bit but you can rezise that Midcrow :) *please* :oops:

ans also how we paint details on a He 111 in Norway..see..no ropes..no ladders.. no safetymeasurements..'just me.. a pencil and climp up..and if i fall its my fauly..cant sue anybody ( we dont have that system here in Norway.. :) :?:
and that is quite a fall down on hard concrete.. lol so i was a bit nervous the furthre out i got.. bu i am still here and nothomg happend..but if something does happen..
they do give lovely awards if wounded..here is my diploma for getting my finger run over by the nosewheel of a F-104 and cruhshed..it was only 1,4 tonns preassure on the nosewheel so it only flattetend my finger and casting for three months next..and look what i got from the museum..its proudly displayed on my wall here ( it happened whe we loaded a C-104 into the C-130 for shippmnet to usa.. and the F-104 started sliding fast into the side of the 130--could have been disiaster..but i stopped it b throwing myself in front with a small plank..and i stopped it..but it was actually standing on the plank..with my fingers underneath..and one finger took all the weight. i love this diploma.. :) signed by the director of the museum..the curator and even the official museum stamp :)
and ofcourse i was presented the wounded in battle medal with horrays from kings and queens.. NOT..
:D:):D

Attachments

• painting 005.jpg
    painting 005.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 105
  • div.jpg
    div.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 109
thanks :) its been a long and dirty job..but it pays out well now when starting to look something :)

anywhay..a doublepost of my jacket and explonations..hehe

now about the jacket,,during WW2 the svastikas was "killmarks" and on mine its luftwaffe plane i have lifted up ( salvaged ) so instead of downed confirm kills its "uplifted" confirmed salvages )
each bombmissionon min is a mission flown in a military plane ( need to add more bombes on it soon to uptade it ) and each bomb resembles different type of military aircarfta,,not just WW2..
about the tank is from when i drove the Panhter ( and a panzer III so it should be one more tank also ) so my "nerd" pilot jacket is ofthen used on airshows and stuff..and its sure raise comments hehe and i figures it needed some explonation..
the "turtle" riding the bomb is my logo and me on top :)
Ride`em !!!

Attachments

• jacket.jpg
    jacket.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 107
  • nattevask av 88`n.jpg
    nattevask av 88`n.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 107
thanks :) but restoring cars is faster and easier.. when doing that one can kinda see the end resault.. restoring a bomber is a endless job ( feels like it ..hehe ) always tonns of parts that needs attention :)

some updates from our C-130. it was decommisined last year and given to the museum for preservation, but all interior was stripped out ( as it was stored outside for some wet winter months and even the covers on the wall was taken out ) so we have gotten all the interior back from 335 Sqd and have finally gotten it all back in place ( finally done yesterday with the seats and all, ) we have decided to only have half the cabin filled with seats and the other half as cargo ! so its now 100% complete ( except from two first aid kits )

Attachments

• parts 015.jpg
    parts 015.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 85
  • parts 013.jpg
    parts 013.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 87
  • parts 014.jpg
    parts 014.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 95
  • parts 012.jpg
    parts 012.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 93
  • parts 009.jpg
    parts 009.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 88
I agree Vikingberserker :) here is some pics from when it arrived.. as you see even the engines was taken of.. so it has taken one year to get it back in its full glory ( with all original parts ) and with great thanks to the help from 335 Sqd.
it was actually flightworthy with almost brand new engines until a short while ago.. all engines was in place and pretty much everything was comming togethter..but then they had a accident with one of the engines of one of the C-130 still fying for the AF..so they requested one of the engines from the C-130 we had gotten ( as its now museum property and will never fly again ) so now we have one engine with some bad fanblades as one of the groundcrew forgot a maglite in there ( on the one they still had in use ) during a check and it took of with that maglite still in the engine.. made a pretty fast landing again..hehe ! but thats ok :) its complete and that is what counts :)

Attachments

• C-130 arrives at gardermoen 008.jpg
    C-130 arrives at gardermoen 008.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 123
  • C-130 arrives at gardermoen 034.jpg
    C-130 arrives at gardermoen 034.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 123
  • C-130 in place.jpg
    C-130 in place.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 131
  • C-130 work 007.jpg
    C-130 work 007.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 116
  • enginemounting C-130 (1).jpg
    enginemounting C-130 (1).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 119
uuups--hehe

sorry :)

but you know what..its no fun when you spend two hole days putting on a engine ( thats how long each engine took to put on as we havent done it before..( the guys at 335 Sqd used 4hrs on each engine ) and when the final cowling is in place the AF comes and tell you to take it off because they need the engine.. and when its taken off you have to put on another engine again..and when all engines was in place..the AF comes and tell you that they need the serial numbers on each engine so they can put it in the invetory that these engines are now with the museum..so of goes all the cowlings again.. so its not just all fun..as those serialnumbers are on the backside of the engines..almost imposible to see..
just look at that sour face when i had to start taking the cowlings of again.. hehe :) and man..that is quite a lot of panels and screws..

Attachments

• C-130 work 012.jpg
    C-130 work 012.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
hooray..i am not a junior member anymore :)

one picture from the C-130 Tor`s last flight !! its just landed on this picture and are now a part of the norwegian avation history..and a picture of the Loadstar that is on display in the museum next to the C-130 and the C-47

Attachments

• fly 013.jpg
    fly 013.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 114
  • loadstar.jpg
    loadstar.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 115
You'd think since you're giving them an engine they would at least remove an reinstall them for you!

Wow, the Loadstar is a beaut! How many planes do you guys have???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back